VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 38, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
F2bnp wrote:

So this is why consolers thought they were good at games....maybe they didn't realize their games do all the work for them

🤣

Or maybe the Player is a reporter in that game. Carrying guns for the soldiers, and picking up whatever he can find, and NOT using them.

Why did the guy buy the game anyway, if he's not gonna SHOOT?

I hope someone comes up with weapons modding - substitute or add new weapons : a pen and a notebook, or a camera. rotfl...

But seriously, I'm a great fan of Call of Duty series. If it has some problems, I hope it will be patched up with the latest patch. Otherwise, I'll only get it later when it attains the "bargain" status....or "gold edition" if any. The youtube movie does look very nice - a different Cuban setting.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 21 of 38, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
swaaye wrote:
HunterZ wrote:

🤣, a Bethesda game that doesn't crash? That'll be the day...

Now now. If you've played Morrowind v1.0, you know that Oblivion v1.0 was astonishingly polished by comparison. Let alone any older Betheda games. 😳

Sure but at least Morrowind was much more a RPG game than Oblivion ever was, and personally I had more fun playing Morrowind than Oblivion.

Reply 22 of 38, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Morrowind and Oblivion don't feel all that different to me due to the fact that they both had fixed worlds (right down to where every lootable flower/herb is). Arena and Daggerfall felt much bigger and more open due to having mostly randomly-generated overworlds, dungeons and quests. Of course the randomness feels much less realistic/detailed and results in some truly bizarre dungeon layouts...

Reply 23 of 38, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

All my problems are gone running under Windows Seven. I don't know why but I am unable to get this game working under Windows XP. I have made a lot of tests and it seems XP has problems allocating more than 2GB RAM for some reason. If I disable PAE (Physical Address Extension) using the /NOAPE parameter in boot.ini file the issue is alleviated but instead of hanging at the beginning, it hangs at the end of the second cinematic video (when interrogator is saying "we are losing him..." and Mason says "what the fuck..."). Under 7, it works well for me. No more hanging.

Reply 24 of 38, by temptingthelure

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
eL_PuSHeR wrote:

All my problems are gone running under Windows Seven. I don't know why but I am unable to get this game working under Windows XP. I have made a lot of tests and it seems XP has problems allocating more than 2GB RAM for some reason. If I disable PAE (Physical Address Extension) using the /NOAPE parameter in boot.ini file the issue is alleviated but instead of hanging at the beginning, it hangs at the end of the second cinematic video (when interrogator is saying "we are losing him..." and Mason says "what the fuck..."). Under 7, it works well for me. No more hanging.

So it was a windows xp problem then?

Reply 25 of 38, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yep. At least on my machine. I even tried reformatting and reinstalling XP. NO dice. Still the same sporadic hangs. It seems to work just fine under Seven. Same hardware.

Maybe Treyarch programmers had Seven in mind... who knows... maybe it's Microsoft... 😁

Reply 29 of 38, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You will find that less and less isues with XP are getting resolved. I found that XP is much more likely to slow down / develop issues over time compared to W7. For gaming W7 is awesome. I have it even on my Acer netbook and it performs well!

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 32 of 38, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
eL_PuSHeR wrote:

Yep. Beloved XP is getting old. Anyway, everything was running fine except for CoD:BO on my XP machine.

Yea it is likely a game specific issue.

E.g. when I last used XP (~ 1 year ago) I had a dual boot system with XP and 7 and for example Bioshock has an issue with the Nvidia driver.

It stutters like crazy and only a old Nvidia driver works. It's documented and known, but Nvidia won't fix it. There was a similar issue with AA for BF2142.

And once new games stopped using EAX I finally ditched W7 for good and have never looked back 😀

Reply 33 of 38, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Malik wrote:

Carrying guns for the soldiers, and picking up whatever he can find, and NOT using them.

That's nothing new. There's some sections in previous games around autosave checkpoints where you could just let it stand there and the NPCs will do the rest.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 34 of 38, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There are still plenty of fairly recent games that do still misbehave under Vista and Windows 7, for example Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel has plenty of performance issues and CTD's running under either of these OS's.

It's not specific to running x64-bit either as I still dual-boot with Windows XP Pro, x64-bit Edition which is really a rebadged version of Windows Server 2003, x64-bit Edition.

This game runs just fine there.

That is why I'm still keeping copies of XP and earlier OS's around to play with 😉

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 36 of 38, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
BigBodZod wrote:

There are still plenty of fairly recent games that do still misbehave under Vista and Windows 7

It's possible though none of the Steam games I bought this and last year had issues *tough wood*

I looked at Sacred 2 and what did I find:

Windows 7 not supported

But with COD they clearly support XP and that's something else altogether...

Reply 37 of 38, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:
It's possible though none of the Steam games I bought this and last year had issues *tough wood* […]
Show full quote
BigBodZod wrote:

There are still plenty of fairly recent games that do still misbehave under Vista and Windows 7

It's possible though none of the Steam games I bought this and last year had issues *tough wood*

I looked at Sacred 2 and what did I find:

Windows 7 not supported

But with COD they clearly support XP and that's something else altogether...

Yeppers, I also noted that some games that use PhysX will work better or best if using an nVidia graphics card, regardless of OS being used.

Found a few games like this too.

I have yet to get Call of Duty so I've not had a chance to play around with it on my Windows 7 gaming rig yet.

No matter where you go, there you are...