VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I play Guitar. Learning Panpipes now.

In addition to retro pc, music is my other hobby - a part of my soul.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 1 of 26, by rfnagel

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Fluent in 12-string acoustic guitar, 6-string acoustic guitar, slide and valve tenor trombone, bass trombone, baritone, harmonica, electric bass, and acoustic bass. Was in the marching band and jazz band for 3 years in high school (WAY back when), and symphonic and concert band for 6 years in school. Sang in various bands, quartets, and bass in church choir (Old Cutler Presbyterian church in Miami, FL).

Can make some music (or respectable noise) on electric guitar, cello, grand piano and keyboards, tenor saxaphone, oboe, contra bass (same as acoustic bass above, but with a bow), vibraphone (and other melodic mallets), accordian, drum kit, and marching snare (and prolly a few others that I can't think of off the top of my head).

Started playing 6-string guitar, and could read sheet music (bass and tenor clef) since I was about 6 years old, and have been (de)composing music since I was 10.

Currently, mostly a MIDI musician and composer.

There... now you have the complete ¥Weeds¥ music resume <grin> 😀

P.S. Would LOVE to play Scottish bagpipes, but they're not in the budget right now.

Rich ¥Weeds¥ Nagel
http://www.richnagel.net

Reply 4 of 26, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I can play numerous instruments, but only to a level of casual quality. Although I can play the Piano, Violin, Xylophone (and other similar instruments), and Drums, I can't play any of them well enough that I would perform in front of others. Basically, I play musical instruments just for the heck of it because it's fun. :)

I MUCH prefer tracking stuff in Impulse Tracker, though that reminds me that I really need to start getting my music online... So far, the only music I've made that's online are the 13 synth tracks in my game PixelShips Retro, only 5 of which are in the shareware version, and the background tune playing throughout the introductory Episode 0 of Ancient DOS Games.

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 5 of 26, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Wow! You guys rock! I just play the acoustic guitar. Just a casual player. I like the sound of panpipes (pan flutes) - maybe someday, if I fall in love - a true love, I'll play it for her, under the moonlight. 😀

I like the tracker softwares - used to compose in Tetra Compositor those days in my 286, and thanks to rfnagel, I have it again. 😀

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 6 of 26, by MrKsoft

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm decent on the alto saxophone and I used to play piano years ago but I've fallen out of practice on it.

Wafflenet OPL Archive - Preserving MS-DOS music in a unified format!

Reply 8 of 26, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Guitar (acoustic & electric), bass, drums, some keys. I also used to play a mean maraca in grade 6.

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 9 of 26, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

When I was younger ( 15 to 18 ) I used to sing, and I had pretty good voice, but now my voice gone to hell with too much tobacco and junkfood.
And I have sung in front of over 80 people.

Reply 12 of 26, by rfnagel

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Malik wrote:

Hmmm...I see we can make a band here! 😁

Heh, I've seen/heard several productions whereby musicians got together and created strictly online 😀 Used multitrack recording software (such as Cool Edit Pro); one musician does one track and emails it to the second musician, the second musician does a second track and emails both to the third musician, and so on and so forth.

Quite a cool concept... people who have never actually met before, producing a full musical piece/song together 😀 Hehe, so goes/is the geek world that we currently live in <LOL>!

Rich ¥Weeds¥ Nagel
http://www.richnagel.net

Reply 15 of 26, by Xian97

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just picked up the guitar again a couple years ago after a 20 year hiatus. I have really enjoyed what can be done these days when coupled with a computer. When I got my Mac I started messing around with Garage Band then decided to pick up the guitar again. My iMac is now my guitar amplifier via the program Amplitube which lets me recreate hundreds of amplifiers and effects boxes.

I also dabble in keyboards. My daughter started taking piano lessons last year and I have tried to follow along with her at home, though I have not been able to keep pace with her.

Reply 16 of 26, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don't play any instruments, though I have been screwing around a lot with ZynAddSubFX and MAGIX Music Maker 16 lately. My ultimate goal is to start my own one-man industrial music project, in the spirit of Nine Inch Nails.

Reply 17 of 26, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I doodle on the piano/keyboard, but I have never taken serious lessons. It's almost enough to get some musical ideas into decent-sounding MIDI sequencing software or MOD trackers on a computer 😀 My MIDI keyboard has been mostly collecting dust since college though.

Reply 18 of 26, by 2Mourty

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I play the piano and I have studied voice at the University level. My school has made me teach a beginning guitar class so I am now learning how to play it as well.

Reply 19 of 26, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Talking about music, makes me want to sing again, and also I am listening to Totos Africa , damn awesome. After some serious air pocket poking at my rips earlier this night (the time is right now 02:25) , I am feeling fucking high on music (yeah music makes me high without drugs). So this is the truth 😀 I would love to sing again, but only if people can play on a "professional" level. Which means they know how to tune their shit (equipment) and if they sing. That they can sing clear, and yeah I know. If it happened, then I would cut down on the smoking, and train my abs again, cause that is how you can control your voice 😀 Okay enough bollocks from me 😀 peace out people 😀

Last edited by WolverineDK on 2010-12-22, 14:20. Edited 2 times in total.