VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by 1234

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Please add this feature, many old fps games use inverted mouse aim and there is no options to fix it. Alpha Storm is good example.

Reply 1 of 12, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Of course there ways to fix it. You just never found them.

This option might come into dosbox, although it really doesn't belong there as it is very easy to code/find a TSR that does it.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 12, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

"Get used to how it's meant to be played."

Experience told me that not always "how it's meant to be played" equals "comfortable controls". Just google search for an utility for that purpose, I never used something like that but you'll surely find what you want. Not sure but maybe even Xpadder can do that.

Reply 5 of 12, by 1234

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@Qbix
if it's so easy to code, why not to add it? Also even if there is a "ways", it would be much better to have an option in dosbox.
So people could just play without wasting time on google and reverse engineering. And I have no idea what TSR is.

@wd
Well mouse sensitivity is not bug either, so you think developer of dosbox was wrong when added such option? Because is allows to play with different sensitivity then it was intended by designers. In fact DosBox allows to play games designed for fullscreen in window, alter color palette and more.
So If there are designers of old dos games who have something against mouse inversion, they should come and say that. You in no way their advocate.
And instead of getting used to inverted mouse axis, i can just do something better with my time, thanks for advice though.

Reply 8 of 12, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

With a TSR it would be easy to invert axes for games that read motion (relative), but somewhat complicated for ones that read position (absolute).

I think hacking a mouse driver is the easiest solution that covers all methods of reading the mouse. Click here to read a web page with instructions for hacking the latest version of the CuteMouse driver to invert one or both axes (scroll down the page for English).

Reply 11 of 12, by 1234

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@wd
I just checked this forum. There is plenty of threads about that. And you first to answer in every one of them multiple times with same 'devs made it that way deal with it herp derp'. You seem to be one who has serious issues with the topic, 🤣.