VOGONS

First post, by Markk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I need your help my friends. The story first. In sunday I'm leaving for a week, and I'm going to an island where I have a house, to spend the easter vacations. Having a lot of spare hardware, I decided to make another pentium pc, and take it there, so as I can have it as a "dos-box" whenever I'm there. I've made a nice setup, using an intel mobo, 133MHz cpu, 32mb RAM, S3 trio64 vga, sb16+nec xr385, and a cd-rom. For HD I used a 2GB CF card. So far I've set it up fine, and I have dos 6.22/win 3.11 and win95. Now, I would like to make a backup of the disk, as it is now, so that I can restore it when needed. The problem is that I've never used a backup/cloning program, and I don't know what to search for. Right now, I've attached a second 2GB CF card as disk D, and it would be ideal to find a DOS program, that could make an image of the C disk on to the second card. Then I can burn that on a CD, and restore it. Can you recommend anything?

Reply 1 of 5, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Didn't this come up before?

I highly recommend Acronis True Image. I used it today to clone a 320GB of a net notebook...

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 2 of 5, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Norton Ghost bootable floppy, which I thought was free nowdays but I was wrong 🙁

My retro computer stuff: https://lychee.jjserver.net/#16136303902327

Reply 5 of 5, by Markk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks guys. I used the norton ghost, and it worked fine. Now I'm trying to make a list of all the necessary spare hardware I should take with me. Or should I take just a spare PSU, and leave everything else here?