VOGONS

First post, by zpeidar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Jones in the fast lane freezes on the Copyright screen, when i run it under VDMSound, after using VDMSound it always freezes

"640 kb ought to be enough for anybody"

Reply 3 of 9, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
zpeidar wrote:

...it used to work before I installed the gui for VDMSound

Have you tried running it by right-clicking on the game's executable, and choosing the "Run with VDMS" that does not have the musical note by it? That should run it it without the interface.

Reply 4 of 9, by edelbeb

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just installed Jones In the Fast Lane w/ VDMS. At first I had the freezing problem. I ran setup for JITFL and selected AdLib rather than Soundblaster as the sound device (or maybe visa-versa, my memory is slightly fuzzy), and it worked fine after that (some minor and temporary video glitches from time to time, but that's not a big deal and its not VDMS-related).

Reply 7 of 9, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Stupid RedBook Tricks:

Jones uses an (optional) second CD audio track to play all the voices and stuff in the CD-ROM version. They've also got data encoded between bits of stuff in the audio stream. Better hope that CD is scratchless, or jitter correction will render that mode of audio unusable. (Not that it's usable in the first place, since A) It doesn't work with the Win interpreter, and B) It takes too damn long to seek versus just audio samples that it has for a SB card.)

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 8 of 9, by zpeidar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have the floppy version, been looking out for the cd version a long time now. Hard to find, I have seen the cd, but unfortunately the guy who had it managed to put it on top of another cd in his cd drive, and then it was rendered useless

"640 kb ought to be enough for anybody"