VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Good Ol' TarviS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I remember there was a TSR floating around that enables the Flightstick throttle to work in X-Wing (and also TIE Fighter) but no matter where I look I can't find this zip anywhere.

Does anybody happen to have it? Thanks in advance.
(Also, is there a similar patch that enables the rudder for rolling?)

Reply 3 of 6, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The more its available the better
forgot you could attach files 😉
file sent
renamed to a wri file cos gmail doesnt like zip files containing exe's

Attachments

• Filename
    xwjoy.zip
    File size
    414 Bytes
    Downloads
    1157 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 4 of 6, by Good Ol' TarviS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well it works, it only works in increments of thirds though, but it's better than nothing!

I guess that's because it signals keypresses depending on where the throttle is.

Thanks for sending it!

It also works if DOSBOX is set to use FCS, so you can avoid the problem where you can't press buttons 1 and 2 (or 0 and 1?) at the same time.

Reply 5 of 6, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I recall using a hacked driver someone made for XP so I could hook my Steel Battalion X-box joystick/behemoth to TIE-Fighter. Loved it! I even mapped the big "eject" button to eject my pilot. Unfortunately I had to reformat my old AMD system and now I have to find that driver all over again...

"The height of strategy, is to attack your opponent’s strategy” -Sun Tzu
“Make your fighting stance, your everyday stance and make your everyday stance, your fighting stance.” - Musashi
SET BLASTER = A220 I5 D1 T3 P330 E620 OMG WTF BBQ

Reply 6 of 6, by Good Ol' TarviS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
jmrydholm wrote:

I recall using a hacked driver someone made for XP so I could hook my Steel Battalion X-box joystick/behemoth to TIE-Fighter. Loved it! I even mapped the big "eject" button to eject my pilot. Unfortunately I had to reformat my old AMD system and now I have to find that driver all over again...

Wouldn't XBCD be sufficient? I'm not sure if it supports Steel Battallion or not, but it seems to support every kind of Xbox controller.