VOGONS

First post, by nitro322

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been on getting a lot of my old games running under dosbox lately, and have generally had good success. For pretty much all games where I want full screen (which for the most part are games with 640x480 native resolution), I use the following video config:

fullscreen=true
fullresolution=1280x960
output=opengl
aspect=false
scaler=hq2x

Aside from the issue of most FMVs not being scaled to full screen (minor annoyance), this config works great.

However, I'm trying to get Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire running in full screen and it's not behaving. Scaling, in particular, doesn't seem to work at all. Regardless of how I set any of the above options, and whether I run it fullscreen or in a window, Battlespire will always run at 640x480.

The UESP wiki specifically mentions setting fullresolution to 640x480, so maybe this is a known issue, but its driving me nuts that I've been able to get all 18 of my other fullscreen games running at a scaled resolution and yet have failed with this one.

Any ideas what's going on here, or suggestions as to how to fix it? It's not a showstopper, but I'd definitely like to figure out how to do it if possible.

Thanks.

By the way, I'm new to the board but have been messing with dosbox for about a year now. It's a truly wonderful program that works amazingly well. If any devs read this - thanks so much for all your hard work.

Reply 2 of 3, by nitro322

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I did try all of the possible options for output, and none seemed to have any affect (well, except surface, which also prevents the DOS environment from scaling). Ditto for the scaler option.

Reply 3 of 3, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

640x480 resolutions and up do not scale in dosbox unless you use the "forced" parameter

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline