VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 21 of 53, by Jolaes76

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A wiki quote which, if my memory servers, is true:

"X-Wing Collector Series: — In 1998, X-Wing was re-released again on CD-ROM, this time as part of the Collector's Series, a compilation containing revamped versions of X-Wing and TIE Fighter retrofitted with the X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter engine... ---> if you also have a Voodoo card in the system, might try selecting that as renderer device at the menu which pops up when you launch the game (do not know exactly which menu item but it cannot be too well hidden.

"Ita in vita ut in lusu alae pessima iactura arte corrigenda est."

Reply 22 of 53, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I could swear it was the same problem. Only drivers 27x.xx show this here. I have another guess. Do you have Anti-Aliasing forced in the nvidia control panel? I see X-Wing has this 2D cockpit. Nvidia drivers after 177.xx have problems with some DX5 and DX6 games when they mix 2D with 3D textures when AA is enabled (the well-known Falcon 4.0 weapon loading screen problem, all versions).
Note: When I meant "game" in the other post, I meant the one in my screenshot(Wildride!) not X-Wing.

Reply 24 of 53, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Try this:
1-Get Nvidia Inspector: http://www.superdownloads.com.br/download/7/n … idia-inspector/
2-Create a profile for Xwing
3-Click on Show Unknown Settings...
4-On Pre_D3D9_Compatibility select the only available option from the list.
5-Click on Apply

Reply 25 of 53, by OSH

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Still without effect... why I have chosen this card?? If I could envision, these problems...

--EDIT--
I've did it! (partially though...)
I've installed Ykhwong's build, installed Windows 95 with 3dfx patch from kekko, and it works! Now I have 3 problems:
1. Is it possible to force Windows 95 to recognize joystick with more than 4 buttons? DOSBOX supports even 12 buttons, but Windows 95 not.
2. 3dfx emulation works near like a charm, but look:
boot000.png
The area marked with rectangle is a little bit "distorted", but I don't know why?
3. Speed...of course that depends from my own computer's speed...it is possible to force DOSBOX to use 2 processor's cores?

Reply 28 of 53, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Some Drivers!!!!
ok what drivers have you installed and what stick is it

and have i got this right
your playing a windows game
in windows
thats running in dosbox
thats running in windows ??

Last edited by Davros on 2011-07-16, 22:09. Edited 1 time in total.

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 29 of 53, by OSH

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

well, I have Thrustmaster 16000M, but for this joystick drivers for Win 95 doesn't exists. But if I install drivers for Cyclone3D, or a Primax Raptor 3D - it will be recognized. But only for 4 buttons...

Reply 30 of 53, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Windows 95 might support more thatn 4 buttons but Dosbox only emulates 4. You might get somewhere by playing with the joystick modes in the conf

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 34 of 53, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

And to re ask my previous question

in windows
thats running in dosbox
thats running in windows ??

Reply 35 of 53, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Which wrapper does this build come with? You could try some others to see if the distortion problem dispappears or the emulation speeds up.

Reply 37 of 53, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

well theres your problem then you need a stick that has win 9x drivers

ps: if you are going to install drivers for a tottally different stick at least use drivers from the same manufacturer
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessori … B/topgunusb.zip

Reply 39 of 53, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

And to re ask my previous question for the third time

in windows
thats running in dosbox