VOGONS

First post, by cypher-neo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm not sure if this is the right forum. Sorry, if it's not.

I'm looking for a Nintendo emulator that I can load onto my computer and play the old Nintendo games like "Duck Hunt" or "Super Mario"

Where can I find those types of emulators at?

Cypher-Neo

Reply 1 of 5, by Targaff

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I may be wrong, but I think the idea of the forum is using consoles to play games that otherwise are unplayable on the PC? That's the way the Mac one works, anyhow.

Still, I'd suggest going to NGEmu for N64 emulators/plugins and then - while I hate to recommend the place - perhaps EmuTalk, haven of puerility and condescension as it generally is, might still be the forum best suited to getting games running, because most of the people with a clue hang out there.

Personally I'd recommend Project64.

Reply 3 of 5, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

A good place to find emulator is www.zophar.net. Go to the emulators for Windows/DOS section on the right side (unless you're using a Mac or Linux or something), then go to NES under Console. Most of the ones in the top section are worth checking out.

Please don't ask where to get the games though - it's illegal to distribute them and we wouldn't want to get Snover in trouble because we all love him for providing us with these awesome forums.

Reply 4 of 5, by Targaff

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Kaminari wrote:

I think Cyber Neo is talking about the Famicom/NES console -- the N64 is not that old, by retrogaming standards 😉

Heh, oops. Saw Super Mario and drew a blank. That's what I get for not keeping in with the console crew way back when.