File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1582 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi hakanates,
thank you very much, I have just added your updated language file.

By now only few language file updates are still missing. I will wait for them about a week and then release 1.2.

Reply 1584 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

@Alexander
By now only few language file updates are still missing. I will wait for them about a week and then release 1.2.

@Alexander
If i understand your last post, some translation(s) not updated block the release ?

No bug to report.

Reply 1586 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi everybody,

I have changed the Syndicate auto setup template and also fixed 3 GUI bugs related to user-defined emulators and ... finally released D-Fend Reloaded 1.2. Have fun!

Reply 1587 of 2280, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm not sure about that new "Syndicate" template. It lists memory as 16 Mb and the game has a well known problem with that, it will crash after completing two missions in a row unless you set it to 8.

Reply 1588 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

I use = D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.2", Portable structure.

@Alexander
Do you have "forgotten" to add, the latest "7za.dll" x86 ( 2011-4-18 ), version, inside the final "D-Fend Reloaded v1.2" ?

Because, your "D-Fend Reloaded v1.2" Portable structure, contain the "7za.dll" x86 ( 2010-11-18 ), version.

Then, ... please add soon, the "7za.dll" x86 ( 2011-4-18 ), version.

Last edited by sst on 2011-10-01, 18:10. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1589 of 2280, by Sheriff Hobbes

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Alexander, is it possible to remove pre-defined categories from the tree structure, like "Favorites", "Language", etc.?

Thanks,
SH

Marriage is a three ring circus:
-engagement ring
-wedding ring
-suffering

H. L. Mencken

Reply 1590 of 2280, by RoyBatty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

How do I submit a profile? I made a new one for Dark Forces because the old one seemed to be for German version of the game and didn't recognize the exe crc, as well as it was setup wrong.

Reply 1591 of 2280, by T.B.

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Alexander,

after the new 1.2 update I'm always getting the following error message after confirming the last step while adding a new game with the wizard.

"Listenindex überschreitet das Maximum (0)"

The game will be added but I have to edit it once to see genre, developer, year, ... correctly in the list.

I'm using the portable D-Fend Reloaded mode with about 700 profiles.

Reply 1592 of 2280, by tsampikos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can confirm the error that T.B. mentions. It happens with the latest (1.2) version of d-fend reloaded no matter if setup or update exe. I have less than 700 profiles that T.B. has. Strange bug! 😦

Reply 1594 of 2280, by lukeman3000

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
T.B. wrote:
Hello Alexander, […]
Show full quote

Hello Alexander,

after the new 1.2 update I'm always getting the following error message after confirming the last step while adding a new game with the wizard.

"Listenindex überschreitet das Maximum (0)"

The game will be added but I have to edit it once to see genre, developer, year, ... correctly in the list.

I'm using the portable D-Fend Reloaded mode with about 700 profiles.

I get this same error as well. And when I would try to run the game, it would tell me something like "There is currently no mounted folder that can access the specified path" or something along those lines. However, that isn't appearing anymore.

The error seems to be occurring as a result of choosing the "default user template" during the wizard process. My template default template was always working fine before the 1.2 update, and if I manually add a game (not using the wizard), the profile creator properly reflects my default template and I do not get an error.

So in summary, the error appears when:

1. I use the wizard to add a game
2. I choose "Use user-defined template/Default template"

I am running 1.2 on my windows 7, 64-bit desktop pc. Hope this helps.

Beyond that, everything seems to be working great. And I am very happy that scumm games now work! It's great. Thanks for your hard work on this project, it is much appreciated and enjoyed.

Reply 1596 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Good evening everybody,

@sst:
The 7za.dll from 7-zip 9.22beta seems to be buggy: When using it with the TSevenZip wrapper in D-Fend Reloaded I get strange error messages. So I will stay at 9.20 and wait for the next 7-zip version.

@Sheriff Hobbes:
No, they are always available in the filter tree.

@RoyBatty:
Just mail it to me.

@T.B., tsampikos and lukeman3000:
This bug is due to the new multiple internet addresses per profile feature. As you have already found out, it only appears when choosing the default template in the new game wizard.

I have also fixed a wrong language string in the games popup menu and will try to release a first service release of 1.2 next week.

Reply 1597 of 2280, by tsampikos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have searched a little bit around to see if there are any DOSBox frontends comparable to D-Fend Reloaded. Well, there ae not any! That's why it is important to support the work that Alexander does.

I have switched back to the 1.1 version and I will wait for the sevice 1.2 release next week.

Reply 1598 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

I use = D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.2", Portable structure.

@Alexander

I have found a name change bug, inside the screenshot section.

It's when i move the D-Fend Reloaded window, when displaying a game profile, that have 3 or more screenshot.

To reproduce that bug =
Use the windowed option
After display a game profile, that have 3 or more screenshot(s)
After move D-Fend Reloaded window "left to right" and "right to left".
After when you move D-Fend Reloaded window, you will see that the screenshot name(s) and number(s) for a profile change.

I can made a small screenshotvideo, that display that name change bug.

Reply 1599 of 2280, by Sheriff Hobbes

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@Sheriff Hobbes:
No, they are always available in the filter tree.

Then I make this an official feature request. I'm a tidiness fanatic and I don't want to have filters listed that I never use! 😀

Marriage is a three ring circus:
-engagement ring
-wedding ring
-suffering

H. L. Mencken