AnDosbox - need help

Topic actions

First post, by El_Matador

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all i have problem in my Andosbox in Android 2.3.5 in Samsung Galaxy S II
(sorry for my bad english )

So i have this program but i'm going to up cycles in dosbox.conf , i have windows 98 in this program but this small slowly , i run the games (Tomb Raider II) (GTA 1) but this have 7-10FPS , can i up the speed? (i write 17500 cycles in dosbox conf , it'd good?) I need help 😀

Reply 4 of 27, by dada

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You will never be able to play those games on your phone. Sorry, but there's nothing you can do.

At most you might be able to run some old EGA era games at full speed.

Reply 5 of 27, by El_Matador

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

🙁:( But this phone is very fast , why in my second computer (Intel Pentium III 750mhz) Dosbox is fast? my phone (1.2Ghz) is slowly?
You can not write any acceleration?

Reply 8 of 27, by digistorm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Forget it. DOSBox is fast on any Intel or AMD based system due to the fact that the emulated hardware closely resembles the real hardware. Both real and virtual cpu speak the same language.
With mobile phones and other systems (PowerPC for example) the cpu speaks a completely different language, so there are less "tricks" available to speed things up. Apple did a good job in 2006 with their PowerPC to Intel recompilation library but it may not be applicable to what DOSBox is doing.

Reply 10 of 27, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Yes a remote connection program (vnc) that connects and steers a real windows 98 machine.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 11 of 27, by dada

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
El_Matador wrote:

🙁:( But

No buts.

edit:

Dominus wrote:

Yes a remote connection program (vnc) that connects and steers a real windows 98 machine.

I bet he's really gonna pursue this option and then come back with more questions...

Reply 12 of 27, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

But then we can say it has nothing to do with dosbox.

@matador: don't go searching for a vnc dos program to run inside andosbox. Look for a native android app.

Further andosbox questions direct at the andosbox author. He sold you this thing so he should support it 😉

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 16 of 27, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I am surprised this thread hasn't been closed yet... 🤣

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 18 of 27, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

what I don't get is, why are so many people desperate to run DosBox or Windows on their smartphones? 🤣

Seriously. Running DOS games was bad enough in the actual DOS era on a 14" screen, it must totally suck on a 4" one. Using a thumb board is not the same as using a genuine clickety-clack keyboard, either.

Reply 19 of 27, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Is it inconceivable that someone may want to run DOSBox on a tablet, virtually all of which outside the iPad run Android? The ASUS Transformer series, for example, have a custom keyboard & touchpad dock that, when connected, make the device indistinguishable visibly from many of that company's notebooks. My Samsung Galaxy Epic 4g has a slideout physical keyboard with a number row and cursor keys. It could play a DOS game.

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/ - Nerdly Pleasures - My Retro Gaming, Computing & Tech Blog