Rank

Chris Jones on Tex Murphy forum:
http://www.unofficialtexmurphy.com/messageboa … aca4e77754bd93a

UPDATE:
Chris Jones about the Kickstarter campaign:
http://www.unofficialtexmurphy.com/messageboa … php?f=13&t=3702

Video Announcement:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GodOPoyNIYg&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by Jiri on 2012-03-21, 06:28. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 17, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

and Wasteland has a Kickstarter too.

I wonder how much money is out there to fund games via kickstarter......

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 8 of 17, by fronzel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Personally I'd rather hope for a Space Quest 7, but yeah although you can argue about Chris Jones' acting skills these were definitely among the better adventures. Let's see how far they come...

Reply 10 of 17, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
leileilol wrote:

I want Reiche and Ford to do a Star Control kickstarter....

if only they owned the name and weren't tied up working for Activision stuff... I'd be all over that like ugly on a VUX.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 12 of 17, by xcomcmdr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello,

Tex is funded. It was funded when there was 9 days to go. We are now at 55 hours before the deadline.

What happens now ?

Well, we can aim for a bigger, better game if you want. I will quote the project page :

Exceed Funding by 10%: Additional story (including puzzles, gameplay, locations and characters). (that one is done)

Exceed Funding by 20%: Port the game to additional platforms, provide Text translations for French, Italian, German, Spanish (English will already be included). Finally, more recognizable actors.

Exceed Funding by 30%: Another expansion of the story (including puzzles, gameplay, locations and characters), ingame golf game, and Live Orchestra for the games' music.

Also, since the project is funded, Paypal is available as an alternative method of payment for those who can't use Amazon Payments.

Finally, if you want to introduce someone to the "Texverse", this guide is great : http://www.crossrealms.net/tex-universe.html

Reply 14 of 17, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm a little surprised they made it. That's a lot of money.

Kind of makes me wonder if some particularly well-heeled industry insider tipped it in the end.

Reply 15 of 17, by xcomcmdr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, there was the magnificient sevens (update #19) which made it achieve it's funding goal in 8 hours. It was a hell of a boost and it got people really excited (the average pledge is at $86)!

Before that, we were going to make it in the end, but barely (according to Kicktraq).

As for now, we are at :

6,301 Backers
$540,480 pledged of $450,000 goal
47 hours to go

Which means that the stretch goal 2 is achieved (the one which includes more platforms, more subtitles in several languages, and "more recognizable actors"). 😀

Plus $ 4,588 from Paypal donations

Now, to achieve stretch goal #3 (which I find really exciting) the last update (update #34), posted 5 hours ago, launched another Magnificent Seven boost (well, Magnificent Two from the Magnificent Seven, in fact ^^).

To paraphrase it, when we reach $ 546,000 (Paypal donations included), a donation of $4,000 will be made.
At $ 566,000, another $4,000 donation will be made.

All of this so we can reach stretch goal #3, which is at $ 585,000

PS : Man, I really use the word "which", a lot. Which is a shame. 😦

Reply 17 of 17, by xcomcmdr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Right now, with 42 hours left, we need ~700 $ an hour to achieve the final stretch goal before the dead line.

I'd like to quote the "motivation message" from the project's comments page for those final hours. I think it's quite interesting :

Here you go, new visitors, check this stuff out! […]
Show full quote

Here you go, new visitors, check this stuff out!

UPDATE 34:
OUR FINAL STRETCH GOAL IS $585,000. HELP US REACH THIS GOAL. READ MORE FOR DETAILS!
WIN PRIZES:
For chance to win exclusive Tex Memorabilia (e.g. ORIGINAL Fedora used by Tex Murphy), enter by satisfying any one of the following:
a) All NEW Backers at $15 or above
b) Existing Backers at $75 or above
c) Existing backers below $75 who up their pledge by $15
Here are the prizes on offer http://www.bigfinishgames.com/sites/default/f … ter_Auction.jpg
(One of which is the original Roswell Alien model from 'The Pandora Directive'!)
WEALTHY BACKER BOOST (MAGNIFICENT 7):
Pledged total will jump by $4,000 when Kickstarter + Paypal reach $546,000
Pledged total will jump AGAIN by $4,000 when Kickstarter + Paypal reach $566,000
When we reach $585,000 there will be:
1) In-game music performed by a LIVE Orchestra!
2) An extension to Chandler avenue featuring mutants so deformed they are known as Morlocks!
3) An in-game golf sim to take some time out between investigations (in Big Finish's previous incarnation they were responsible for Links 386!)
Let's reach our final goal of $585,000

stretchgoals.jpg

😀