VOGONS

First post, by ux-3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

After I have figured out how to run my most power hungry game on a current XP rig, I really have no more room for this thing.

The board is in working order as far as I have used it.

The active NB cooler has been exchanged for a larger passive model.
The board could operate Athlon XP-M with 512 MB L2 cache. I was able to switch CPU speed between 300 MHz and 2000MHz with a XP-M 2600+.
Retro Games 100 has done a lot of testing indeed, the board is as flexible as he claimed.

The board did suffer from capacitor problems. The big CPU capacitors are all in good visual condition. Three smaller capacitors where dead and got replaced. A few of them look aged (slightly bulbed top). I had ordered a few more replacement caps, so I could pass a few on. (Low ESL)

Also I had problems adding a second specific 64 MB ram stick. I have not checked if the board is hostile to two sticks in general or this stick in particular. I had no other 64 MB stick and +128 MB would already be too much for Longbow2. So I can't tell.

So if anyone is interested in this potentially fastest Board with ISA slot, you should act now, because I am not sure what the fate of this thing would be otherwise. I would include a 512 MB and a 256 MB ram stick. ATX-cover comes with it too.

In case you wonder why I give it away: See my signature! When it is gone, I won't sink any more time into it. I really need a chevy anyway.

Last edited by ux-3 on 2012-04-28, 13:35. Edited 1 time in total.

Retro PC warning: The things you own end up owning you.

Reply 2 of 3, by ux-3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I had it running with a Voodoo5. See my other "current" thread for more infos.

Synapsis: ISA sound and Voodoo5 at the highest possible speed.

Retro PC warning: The things you own end up owning you.