VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by pz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I would like to install Dosbox 7.3. and Dosbox 7.2. at the same notebook.

With Dosbox 7.3. I would use Windows 3.11 and with Dosbox 7.2 I would use Windows 1.04.

Is that possible that I would like to use two versions of Dosbox?

Thank you for your answers.

pz

Reply 1 of 8, by bloodbat

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don't really see a point to doing that, specially since the latest is 0.74; but you could install two different versions side by side in different folders; you'd probably want to point the shortcuts to use their proper .conf files, though.

Reply 2 of 8, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Why would you want to use a dated version of DOSBox? You should always use the latest official version.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 4 of 8, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Dosbox 7.3... Are you from the future?

DOSBox installs to the folder DOSBox-0.xx so having multiple versions installed side by side is no problem.

Why you want to do this isn't clear. You can have multiple DOSBox windows from the same version open side by side.

Having different installs won't separate the versions of windows you run with it. You still need to mount separate locations for each one.

Reply 7 of 8, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
pz wrote:

Hello,

I have read, that is possibile to install Windows 1.04 with Dosbox 7.2.
I would like to try to install Windows 1.04. with Dosbox 7.2. Under 7.3 it isn't possibible to install Windows 1.04.

Why would you even want to? Any Windows before 3.0 was horrible.

Reply 8 of 8, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Jfyi there is no 7.x version of dosbox. There is only 0.7x versions. And yeah what's the point of installing windows 1.x?

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper