VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Pheener

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, I've had my hand at this for a while, so I figured I'd toss it to you like fish to sharks or something.

Anyway, I've tried DOSbox and VDMS now, to no avail. What little progress I have had consists of corrupted graphics appearing at the top of the screen with a wacky screwed up palette. It only seemed to work with Basic VESA support turned on, which kinda makes sense. Anyway, if you have links to any tutorials or if you need more info, I'm happy to give it...

Thanks in advance!

Reply 1 of 6, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well, it works for me under WinXP without doing anything fancy. However, i REMmarked some lines from the batch file to disable dos4gw disk swapping. Here is how they look:

rem if exist *.swp del *.swp
rem set DOS4GVM=deleteswap maxmem#65536 virtualsize#8192 swapinc#1024
S.EXE vesa
rem set DOS4GVM=
rem if exist *.swp del *.swp

As i have just stated, the game runs perfectly running it natively (no VDMSound or DOSBox).

Reply 2 of 6, by Pheener

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for your help, all is working perfectly now (save some sound glitches that were alleviated by running it through VDMS). Seems I just immediately figured that it couldn't run in WinXP's dos mode, as nothing I've tried lately has. 😄 So I didn't even try it in XP, hehe. Thanks again.

Reply 4 of 6, by Dark Knight ez

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

the game works for me in dosbox...
it needs a lot of CPU power though... like... a 3 GHz CPU to let it run smoothly.

... // bda. very bda!
... // but only if you turn godo into csah.

Reply 6 of 6, by Dark Knight ez

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

true, i didn't have the need to test out how fast you'd be needing the cycles to set with frameskip enabled.
anyway, my point is... it works with dosbox, even though the person who posted here said it didn't.

... // bda. very bda!
... // but only if you turn godo into csah.