VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Fiery Phoenix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi I am getting the above error when trying to run The Pandora Directive on DosBox.

I have tried amending the memory size to various levels, but it makes no difference.

Any ideas guys?

Reply 1 of 10, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Just some ideas to try, dunno if they will help:

EMS and XMS are enabled by default, try disabling them individually and together.

Set xms=false, ems=false, umb=false in the settings and then type this command before running the game: SET DOS16M=:16M

Same as above, but set memsize=32 and type the command: SET DOS16M=:32M

Reply 3 of 10, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

The game should be supported according to the compatibility list:
http://www.dosbox.com/comp_list.php?showID=1637

Make sure your drive mountings are correct and that you've installed the game with DOSBox.

Reply 4 of 10, by Fiery Phoenix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If I enter general rules:

Mount c /xxxx/xxxx/games
C:
Cd pandora
Tex 4

It boots ok but I get an error stating 'no crom drive available, aborting the game'

I may now be doing this wrong but I the enter:

Mount c /xxxx/xxxx/games
Mount d /xxxx/xxxx/games/ -t cdrom
D:
Cd pandora
Tex4

Thats when I get the error message

Reply 6 of 10, by kolano

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Generally you should have a set of 6 CD images for this game. Merged directories/images to prevent disc swapping are possible, but you shouldn't expect support for such here. I believe the game will expect to find it's video/audio data files in a set of 6 drive locations specified by it's config (possibly all the same location, with merged files or CD swapping).

Eyecandy: Turn your computer into an expensive lava lamp.

Reply 7 of 10, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

If you mount d as cdrom and then start the game from the cdrom that can't work. Mount c as you did before, mount your real cd rom drive as d then change to d and enter install.
If you don't have the original cd roms you know what's wrong and we can't help you further.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 8 of 10, by Fiery Phoenix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was tired last night and did not post the correct information for you guys.

The Pandora Directive is a GOG purchase so the setup is slightly different. Phantasmogia was the same but that runs fine and is a similar FMV game.

I have no physical cdrom drive as I am using the official dosbox for android port.

Reply 9 of 10, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

There is no official dosbox for android port and the problem might well be with whatever port you are using.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!