VOGONS

Common searches

Dosbox turbo Android

Topic actions

First post, by Dasher

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys I got DosBox Turbo for android and I tried to set memsize to 200 but when I go into dosbox I obly get 64mb. I read that 64 is max you can have, is there a way to get around this?

Reply 1 of 21, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

No dos game needs more

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 21, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Also, you should ask the author of DOSBox Turbo for support. This is the forum for the Official DOSBox.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 3 of 21, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
collector wrote:

Also, you should ask the author of DOSBox Turbo for support. This is the forum for the Official DOSBox.

DOSBox Turbo, DOSBox-X Branch, ...
To not mix their projects with the real DOSBox, should the authors of such completely different approachs not use complete different names for their DOSBox based projects?

Klimawandel.

Reply 4 of 21, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

No, why should they. The base is still dosbox, especially the -x branch...

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 6 of 21, by mperelman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Question in response to the suggestion to contact the author of DosBox Turbo, who is it and how can s/he be contacted?

Michael Perelman
Economics Department
California State University
Chico, CA

530 898 5321
fax 530 898 5901
http://michaelperelman.wordpress.com

Reply 7 of 21, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Why don't you try to find out yourself?

Reply 8 of 21, by Xelasarg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Open the app page (Menu - "My Apps" - Dosbox Turbo) in the Play Store app on your phone. There's an Email address in the "Developer" section, above "Users who installed this also installed..."

"What's a paladin?!"

Reply 10 of 21, by alx3apps

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Write my problem here in order to not to create a new thread with the same header.

I've bought a copy of DosBox Turbo in Google Play and tried to request a source code under the GPL from the developer. Got a response:
"the source-code is provided with the apk"

Checked the included sources, it appeared to be a code for the old version of the app with only version number updated. Tried the second time and got the response:
"The sources for DosBox library are up to date and the same sources
used in the Google Play app. The Android GUI wrapper around the DosBox
library itself is not open-source and the last open source version is
provided."

I'm not a lawyer, but I think that it's illegal and sources for the full derivative work (all android app) must be provided under GPL. May I know an opinion of DosBox community about that (should I write to FSF about GPL violation)?

Reply 11 of 21, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

The author might be sage there. The wrapper is not a derivative work but sits on top of dosbox ;(

Reply 13 of 21, by alx3apps

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

butterfly,

I'm working on a custom dosbox wrapper for running Forgotten Realms Unlimited Adventures on android with custom controls and in-app game-modules switching. Sources will be on github after first public version.

I'm using anDosBox as a base (already rewritten most JNI and java). AnDosBox is the original "working" dosbox on android (with multiple threads, custom SDL implementation and dosbox performance patches). AnDosBox authors have provided proper GPL sources on my first request.

In contrast, DosBox Turbo is based on anDosBox, but they refused to disclose their changes to source code (I initially wanted to look at HQ scaler implementation).

Reply 14 of 21, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If you don't mind, could you zip up and share a copy of the DosBox Turbo source code? It's open source after all.

I'm interested to see what he's changed, but I'm turned off enough by his attitude that I don't really want to buy it.

I mainly want to see if his modifications make DOSBox run better on Raspberry Pi.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 15 of 21, by alx3apps

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Here are the sources, as they were exported from DosBox Turbo APK - https://bitbucket.org/alexkasko/share/downloa … rbo_src.tar.bz2 (tar complains about EOF, sha1: 4d6b915cd9e4920cb1bc777b5055316c405614f9).
On the superficial glance it's just the anDosBox sources with changed UI and newer version of dosbox.

Reply 17 of 21, by atuyo60

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
alx3apps wrote:

Here are the sources, as they were exported from DosBox Turbo APK - https://bitbucket.org/alexkasko/share/downloa … rbo_src.tar.bz2 (tar complains about EOF, sha1: 4d6b915cd9e4920cb1bc777b5055316c405614f9).
On the superficial glance it's just the anDosBox sources with changed UI and newer version of dosbox.

I bought and downloaded the latest version of DosBox Turbo and managed to get the db_turbo_src.tar.bz2 file from the apk file but the archive is corrupted and cannot be opened. You mentioned that the tar complains about EOF, how should I fix that? The sha1 of my source file archive is 6084eaa44fff58a90467b6a0a3b83670b4187108

Reply 18 of 21, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ask the author of DosBox Turbo.

Last edited by collector on 2013-07-18, 03:31. Edited 1 time in total.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 19 of 21, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think it's best to contact the author, FishStix for Dosbox Turbo related questions. Even though, it is a branch of dosbox, most questions can be answered by FishStix at android.fishstix@gmail.com.

For those who are confused of why to ask there and not here, think of the difference between a different distro of Linux - it's better to ask issues regarding Bodhi Linux, for example, at the Bodhi Forum, not at Fedora forum. Both are Linux, yes, but different builds.

No offense, but you won't believe how many newcomers leave harsh, arrogant comments when they come and see that they don't receive the (free) information they want here (in any thread).

Dosbox Turbo is still actively being updated. Some basic questions may be answered, but sooner or later, the questions get more specific with the android build itself, and it's better to ask the author.

FYI, I have Dosbox Turbo installed too in my Galaxy Note 2.

Again, for more info :

email : android.fishstix@gmail.com

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers