VOGONS

Common searches

Just an important heads up

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 220 of 325, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The buttons now are easier to read, and larger and easier to click.

The beginning symbol in the edit button looks a bit out of place, I think. Those for the report and quote look fine.

And maybe it's just me, but I feel the new icons' colour looks too "orange-y" and the contrast is a bit different because of that? The one used in the 'highlighted new post' icon on the left of the topics page looked more fitting.

Just some of my opinions. Thanks.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 221 of 325, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
HunterZ wrote:

Maybe as a compromise on the reply button, it could be made in the same style as the edit/del/report/warn/info/quote buttons, with an icon on the left and "reply" text on the right?

What would be a good icon? As to what group of buttons it belongs to, it fits in more with the "new" topic button, so should it have an icon, too?

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 222 of 325, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
collector wrote:
HunterZ wrote:

Maybe as a compromise on the reply button, it could be made in the same style as the edit/del/report/warn/info/quote buttons, with an icon on the left and "reply" text on the right?

What would be a good icon? As to what group of buttons it belongs to, it fits in more with the "new" topic button, so should it have an icon, too?

I would suggest a curved or angled arrow, like on an Enter key, as that seems to be a pretty universal idea: http://www.google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&q … +icon&tbs=isz:i

Reply 227 of 325, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Bug:
I previewed a private message to be sent with a large code block.

Result:
Upon previewing, my "Save Draft"/"Preview"/"Send" buttons disappeared from the bottom of the Compose window.
Clicking Back brought them back, but then of course my preview went away.

Browser: FireFox 22.0

On the other hand, it's 1:30 AM here, perhaps I am misunderstanding something.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 228 of 325, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
VileRancour wrote:

I don't actually have the exact same font that was used in the original VOGONS design... if anyone could name the font

In the old buttons?
reply.png
new.png
off.png

Stiletto

Reply 229 of 325, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If different themes becomes an option, you could recreate the 2002 theme for shits and giggles:
http://web.archive.org/web/20020923191721/htt … .zetafleet.com/
(Sweet, DosFreak is online...)

Stiletto

Reply 230 of 325, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Stiletto wrote:

In the old buttons?

Yeah, the font in the old buttons and the logo... I finally found it and submitted a few experiments (just in case anyone cares, the elusive bastard is named 'Baubau').

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 231 of 325, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Stiletto wrote:
In the old buttons? http://web.archive.org/web/20130512084655im_/http://vogons.zetafleet.com/templates/vogons/images/lang_englis […]
Show full quote
VileRancour wrote:

I don't actually have the exact same font that was used in the original VOGONS design... if anyone could name the font

In the old buttons?
reply.png
new.png
off.png

I like how much sharper the text on the new buttons is, compared to that of the old.

Reply 233 of 325, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
kekko wrote:
Qbix wrote:

@kekko where ?

user nick, on the left of any post. especially under a big avatar, nick font looks tiny ..
also increasing the space between the avatar and the nick might help

The username, rank, postcount, join date, location, etc. text could probably all be bigger and still fit in the currently allotted space.

Reply 234 of 325, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
VileRancour wrote:
Stiletto wrote:

In the old buttons?

Yeah, the font in the old buttons and the logo... I finally found it and submitted a few experiments (just in case anyone cares, the elusive bastard is named 'Baubau').

Cool. I asked around and got suggestions like "homemade based on Blippo", Pump Demi Bold LET, Pico Black.

Stiletto

Reply 237 of 325, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ah, sorry.

Until I fixed it just now, this post: Windows Glide Games List
linked to showthread.php?threadid=39 instead of DOS Glide Games List
there's probably others... but lord knows how to identify what they were trying to link to...

Stiletto