D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 1860 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@HunterZ:
DFR 1.3.5rc1 will support mounting the DFR base folder. Additionally running the game will not fail anymore if there are multiple drive mountings via them the game exe file can be accessed.

Reply 1862 of 2280, by Defcon5

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@Defcon5:
D-Fend Reloaded/DOSBox is using a mapping between real folders and virtual drives in DOSBox. In the default case only the real path C:\Users\<you>\D-Fend Reloaded\VirtualHD is mapped as C:\ in DOSBox. The error message above means: You have told DFR to run a file from the real path A:\ (from the real foppy disk drive) inside DOSBox but you haven't told DFR to to map this path into the DOSBox directory structure. On the "Drives" page of the profile editor you will be able to add drive mapping to access more paths inside DOSBox.

Yeah, thats for existing profiles (where is works as it should), but there is no Profile* for Profile > Install from Source Media... > Install from real floppy disks, or is there? I'm very sure it worked a-ok pre Windows 7, but even Admin and Comp. Mode does nothing.
*Or template for that matter: Tried it also with editing Default Template from Extras > Templates...

Anyway: Using DOSBox DOS Profile or the installer with created Images works (when not securemode is to blame), so no biggie ^^"

Reply 1863 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I can confirm this problem now. It only appears when trying to install a game using the installation support function with a real floppy drive. It will be fixed in 1.3.5.

Reply 1864 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Good evening everybody,
I have just uploaded D-Fend Reloaded 1.3.5. This version should fix the problems with the new mobygames homepage and also fixes some other problems and brings some smaller improvements.

Reply 1865 of 2280, by gibra

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Alexander wrote:

Good evening everybody,
I have just uploaded D-Fend Reloaded 1.3.5. This version should fix the problems with the new mobygames homepage and also fixes some other problems and brings some smaller improvements.

Just installed.
Unfortunately there is an error when importing the games using the Packages manager:
I selected a few games, started the procedure, and I received the following message:

d-fend_err_import.png

after, D-Fend remains frozen. 😢
The only way to unload D-Fend is from Task Manager.

Please solve it.

Thank.

gibra
http://nuke.vbcorner.net

Reply 1866 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sorry, I cannot confirm this problem. For me importing games via the package manager and also directly is working very well. In the last update from 1.3.4 to 1.3.5 these features also haven't changed in anyway-

Reply 1867 of 2280, by gibra

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Maybe depends on the package, or the version of the operating system, or something else ...
I will do tests to see if I can figure it out ...

My O.S. : Windows 7 PRO 64bit - SP1

Thank.

gibra

Reply 1868 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Alexander wrote:

Sorry, I cannot confirm this problem. For me importing games via the package manager and also directly is working very well. In the last update from 1.3.4 to 1.3.5 these features also haven't changed in anyway-

Hi, Alexander!
Some translation files have extra space character after percent symbol in format strings. Search for '% s' and '% %' sequences. (English, German and Russian are OK)

Reply 1870 of 2280, by gibra

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
skatz wrote:

Hi, Alexander!
Some translation files have extra space character after percent symbol in format strings. Search for '% s' and '% %' sequences. (English, German and Russian are OK)

I Agree.
When I use English language, I don't get error.
When I use Italian language, I get the error.

gibra

Reply 1871 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Interesting. I have just checked all language files and fixed them if nessessary. The attached archive contains all fixed language files. They will also be part of the next DFR release.

Attachments

• Filename
    FixedLanguageFiles.zip
    File size
    187.38 KiB
    Downloads
    91 downloads
    File comment
    Fixed Danish, French, Italian and Polish language files
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1873 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I use = D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.3.5", Portable structure.

Interesting. I have just checked all language files and fixed them if nessessary. The attached archive contains all fixed language files. They will also be part of the next DFR release.

2013-10-10 = i have updated the "French Canada" translation from "FixedLanguageFiles . zip".
"FixedLanguageFiles . zip | French Canada . ini" have some typho problems.
Like "Realoded", must be "Reloaded", ...

Now it's fixed. See file included.

Attachments

• Filename
    French Canada.ini
    File size
    139.46 KiB
    Downloads
    82 downloads
    File comment
    Français Canada, French Canada 2013-10-10
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by sst on 2013-10-11, 20:23. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1875 of 2280, by jasondavidcarr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey folks, I have basic D-Fend Reloaded import support added to LaunchBox now with version 2.1: http://launchbox.jasoncarr.com/

I would very much appreciate any feedback anyone can give me on importing their DFR libraries. The import simply points LaunchBox to use all of your D-Fend Reloaded games, and should allow you to use both DFR and LaunchBox with the same games without issues. Your D-Fend Reloaded library is not affected in any way.

That said, the import is still fairly basic, and so I need feedback on any important missing features or incompatibilities, as DFR is quite an extensive beast. 😉

Reply 1876 of 2280, by MasterGrazzt

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

A quick question - I might be overlooking something, but there appears to be no I/O Control option in D-Fend Reloaded, and all my drives are defaulting to no. This is preventing me from installing anything. How do I turn on I/O control?

Reply 1877 of 2280, by DarkTemplar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a small request for the next version of D-Fend Reloaded: Would it be possible to add the "mounting" options to Windows profiles as well so people can mount ISOs and special folders when playing old Windows games?

Reply 1878 of 2280, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
DarkTemplar wrote:

I have a small request for the next version of D-Fend Reloaded: Would it be possible to add the "mounting" options to Windows profiles as well so people can mount ISOs and special folders when playing old Windows games?

Mounting is a feature of DOSBox, not D-Fend Reloaded. In order for D-Fend Reloaded to be able to mount ISOs for you, you'd have to come up with a MagicDisc/Daemon Tools style utility with an API that D-Fend can interface with.