Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 2920 of 52719, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
schlang wrote:

has anyone ever got a mt-32 with a headphones jack?

I got one. And a MT-100 which uses the same motherboard.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 2921 of 52719, by schlang

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Is it true that the buffer overflow error does not occur on that revision?

PC#1: K6-III+ 400 | 512MB | Geforce4 | Voodoo1 | SB Live | AWE64 | GUS PNP Pro
PC#2: 486DX2-66 | 64MB | Riva128 | AWE64 | GUS PNP | PAS16
PC#3: 386DX-40 | 32MB | CL-GD5434 | SB Pro | GUS MAX | PAS16

Think you know your games music? Show us: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37532

Reply 2922 of 52719, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
schlang wrote:

Is it true that the buffer overflow error does not occur on that revision?

http://youtu.be/5NUQpAZeAdo?t=27m56s

http://youtu.be/5NUQpAZeAdo?t=2h10m55s

http://youtu.be/5NUQpAZeAdo?t=3h22m4s

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 2923 of 52719, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Got my Motorola Powerstack II system today.

xmQWciLl.jpg
Md7r5xnl.jpg

PowerPC 604ev @ 200MHz
128MB EDO RAM

It's a PReP platform machine, with OpenFirmware.

Uk5WGN7l.jpg

So you can do this:

AxXedfKl.jpg
BTQxZe3l.jpg
ecGoJuMl.jpg

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 2925 of 52719, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

@squallstrife
c97.png

Thats the coolest thing in quite a while... Where did you get it? Also, the OCPD in me wants to know, if a "regular" coast cache card will fit in that socket.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 2926 of 52719, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'd be interested to know that as well!

The most fascinating thing with this system is how it interacts with the video card. It emulates a real mode 486 purely to interact with the video ROM BIOS, so the 80-col text modes can be accessed. Otherwise the video card is manipulated directly.

Reply 2927 of 52719, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Also, the OCPD in me wants to know, if a "regular" coast cache card will fit in that socket.

Unlikely. It looks more akin to the cache DIMM slots used in the PCI PowerMacs and some of the IBM RS/6000 machines...

Reply 2928 of 52719, by PeterLI

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Not worth a picture but I got a generic 3.5" HD USB FDD & 10 dito diskettes in today. I won those for $10 on eBay.

I am waiting for my 3rd SCC-1 to arrive from FI this week. And I am emailing with someone in the EU who has 2 more (1 boxed, 1 not boxed). I do not know his asking price(s) yet.

Reply 2929 of 52719, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Old Thrashbarg wrote:

Also, the OCPD in me wants to know, if a "regular" coast cache card will fit in that socket.

Unlikely. It looks more akin to the cache DIMM slots used in the PCI PowerMacs and some of the IBM RS/6000 machines...

So maybe the cache module from a beige PowerMac G3 would work? I believe I have one stashed away somewhere.

Reply 2930 of 52719, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
SquallStrife wrote:
Old Thrashbarg wrote:

So maybe the cache module from a beige PowerMac G3 would work? I believe I have one stashed away somewhere.

OR this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221056374124

From what i've googled, the rs/6000 (that takes 1mb l2 cache) is a PPC 604E. Plus its relatively cheap.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 2931 of 52719, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Nah, I'm pretty sure it's proprietary, unfortunately. The Mac modules are keyed differently, as are all the IBM ones I've seen. I've never gotten a good enough look at one to say for sure, but a cache DIMM from one of the Motorola Starmax machines might work... those things are about as rare as the Powerstacks though.

But even if you do manage to find something that physically fits, I would recommend against plugging it in unless you're absolutely sure it's compatible... don't want to risk frying such a rare board.

Reply 2932 of 52719, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

grabbed this from AmiBay since it was not what Kahenraz was looking for:

2rrm1bs.jpg

no idea if it's any good, I just saw it and liked it... from what I've seen it only has 9x/nt drivers , will give it a go on my p4/w98se build when it arrives , won't have the ability to test the digital part of the card, only have analogue speakers/amps 🤣

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2933 of 52719, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keropi wrote:

grabbed this from AmiBay since it was not what Kahenraz was looking for:

That looks interesting, I thought it was a Live! for a moment there. Let us know how it goes!

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 2935 of 52719, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ why? is it buggy?
on a sidenote I saw in the card's FAQ that it won't work with athlons (wtf) unless they modify the card... rev1.2 has jumpers for that ... 🤣

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2936 of 52719, by Jarvik7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Picked up a Roland SC-88 w/ Japanese manual earlier for 4100 yen at a store down the street.
Didn't even need to buy a USB-MIDI adapter for it as it turns out my Roland A-500S usb midi keyboard can be switched to act as an interface.

One thing it was missing was the original disc for it, which apparently contained sample midis (and more?). Anyone have a copy?

Reply 2939 of 52719, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Nice! Still trying to find a boxed version of the SCC-1A. I have an SCC-1 and two SCC-1As (non-boxed) currently being used in a few of my retro boxes and love 'em!

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg