New util for DosBox users.

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 36, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Hmm, I don't get it 😉
So, I have a data track, chosing that is easy.
Then I have some music tracks, how do I get the program to know which files it should start and end with? I'm really not understanding...

Edit: or is it enough just giving the name and extension and numbers of tracks? I know that a cue/bin needs the index to reflect the "time slot" a track starts in the image. So, does a cue sheet with track files not need the time slot? Writing that, it seems to make sense to me. Am I on the right "track"? 😀

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 21 of 36, by bloodbat

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, the name and extension of sequentially numbered tracks are enough.
Since they are separate tracks, the time slot should be zero, otherwise it would start in the wrong frame, it works for uncompressed tracks too, per Maurwurfs suggestion (already implemented: check the options menu).

Reply 22 of 36, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

thanks, got it 😀

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 23 of 36, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

A snapshot of Revision 50 of the CueGen SVN is at https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1m6fg3lz59hp7u/Cue … or-Snapshot.dmg (only for intel OS X 10.5 and higher)

Reply 25 of 36, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I tried this on some of my images by Audiograbbing the tracks to Ogg then Imgburn files from folders to image to make the data track and I ran into mounting errors (like MSCDEX: Uknown Error) after creating a cue with this, correct filenames and all 😒

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 27 of 36, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
leileilol wrote:

I tried this on some of my images by Audiograbbing the tracks to Ogg then Imgburn files from folders to image to make the data track and I ran into mounting errors (like MSCDEX: Uknown Error) after creating a cue with this, correct filenames and all 😒

Do you have the right mode for the ISO? I tried this and it defaulted to MODE1/2352, which did not match my ISO. I corrected to MODE1/2048 and it mounted properly.

Perhaps the tool needs a way to select the mode or perhaps a browse to the image file to scan it for the proper mode. Of course it is not that hard to manually edit it. Now if only DOSBox supported more audio formats.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 29 of 36, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

It should work with everything SDL_Sound has been compiled with support for and that's the most likely culprit. I think my snapshots and the DOSBox version 0.74-1 for OSX only comes with mp3/ogg support. I'm pretty sure I didn't build any of the other optional dependencies (flac, mod,...).
Windows DOSBox more likely the same.

Reply 31 of 36, by bloodbat

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
collector wrote:
Do you have the right mode for the ISO? I tried this and it defaulted to MODE1/2352, which did not match my ISO. I corrected to […]
Show full quote
leileilol wrote:

Do you have the right mode for the ISO? I tried this and it defaulted to MODE1/2352, which did not match my ISO. I corrected to MODE1/2048 and it mounted properly.

Perhaps the tool needs a way to select the mode or perhaps a browse to the image file to scan it for the proper mode. Of course it is not that hard to manually edit it. Now if only DOSBox supported more audio formats.

Actually, it is planned for the next update.

Reply 32 of 36, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
jmarsh wrote:

Can you make a proof-of-concept build with FLAC enabled and we'll use it as an excuse to pester gog.com to stop packaging cd audio tracks in lossy formats? 😁

Actually I barely find time these days and I'm just not an audiophil so it doesn't hold much interest for me.

Reply 33 of 36, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What's wrong here?

(and yes there's a DOS-based source port out there. Just giving this as an example)

Attachments

• Filename
    hexen2.jpg
    File size
    82.93 KiB
    Downloads
    No downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 34 of 36, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I really suspect that the problem is the "MODE1/2352". I am not sure what you used to create the data ISO, but if you have the wrong type, the imgmount will fail. try other modes like "MODE1/2048".

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 35 of 36, by bloodbat

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A new version of Cue Sheet Generator (the "compressed" part of the name is gone) has been released.
Version 1.2.2. Among other things, the program is more pleasant to look at and use (includes syntax highlighting, for example), you can change the binary file mode and create cue sheets for uncompressed audio as separate tracks (useful for turning your GOG games into CDs to use in a real machine).
Win32 binaries are up, OS X (Intel) binaries to follow shortly.
You can find it at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cuegen/
Enjoy!

Reply 36 of 36, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

OS X intel binary is up as well