Common searches

VDMSound 2.1.0 PUBLIC BETA

Topic actions

Reply 80 of 165, by vladr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, better than a reinstall, but still needlessly painful. I don't know what could have happened. I use Win2k SP4 on my desktop computer and didn't have any issues.

Snover: can we compare the DLL version(s) & sizes of those included in 2.1.0 and those currently (working) on Thuderbird's system, see if SP4 dropped some "newer" versions of those that PIMP is overwriting (when it shouldn't)?

Cheers,
V.

Reply 83 of 165, by woofgm

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Now I installed this on my xp machine. I have sound for Nascar 1 Racing by Papyrus, how ever I have tried 17 times , many combinations to get sound for the ICR2 racing game by the same company, but alas - no sound for it. 😒 😢

Any pointers here? Why can I not configure this uril to run two similur games?? 😐

Keep Honking........................

I'm Still Reloading..............

Reply 86 of 165, by Guest

User metadata

Motherboard: MSI K7N2 Delta
Processor type and speed: AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (2.0 GHz)
Amount and type of RAM: 1.5Gb DDR PC2100
Video board w/ RAM amount and type: Gainward NVidia GeForce FX 5600 w/ 256Mb DDR RAM
Sound board: Built-in to Motherboard
Operating system: Windows XP Professional
Game name (and version, if applicable): Sierra Adventure Games
Description of problem: Installation will not integrate into shell. Also, while the installation completes successfully, when run I get instantiation errors. These seem to have been fixed using a registry modifier for the old 2.0.4 version; however, I still cannot figure out how to integrate it into the shell.
Reproducibility of problem: Every time I've installed it (5 times)
Sound mode used: Not sure what this means...
Video mode: SVGA 256
Version of Emulator: 2.1.0 with 2.0.4 forced registry entries
Steps already attempted to solve the problem: I've attempted uninstalling and reinstalling the program several times. I've rebooted between each attempt, and after each installation. Also, I disabled every single program running in the background, including VirusScan, WinAmp, etc. I uninstalled my PC Alert4 also, just to be safe. I have no further ideas on how to fix this problem. Is there a way to manually force shell integration? If so, that would probably do just fine. Thank you.

E-Mail: MazokuRanma@aol.com

Reply 87 of 165, by vladr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I thought I put somewhere the .reg for LaunchPad as well - see on the SForge project "Support requests" page. I'm still baffled at how something as simple as regsvr32 can be stopped from working by who knows waht... well, long live Microsoft!

V.

Reply 88 of 165, by Chrysalis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

this a bug?

@E - 22:11:45.407 - SysExIndicator
An invalid value ('Scroll Lock') was provided for the led identifier
('led'). Valid values are: 'NUM', 'CAPS', 'SCROLL' and 'none'.
Using 'none' by default.

along with the dma update errors

Reply 90 of 165, by DeGerbil

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I use VDM Sound for a very long while and have never said this:

You guys made a superb DOS Soundblaster emulation prog!!! It runns all my DOS games with perfect sound except an occasional Sierra game, but Sierra's sound drivers suck so that is not very strange.

Many thanks from me and all the people I advised it to! You make DOS gamers very very very very happy!!!

Reply 95 of 165, by jjimd

User metadata

Hi
I have been using vdms for about 6 months on xp now- works great.
I have v 2.04 update 2 with launcher v1.0.1.1 (BETA 5).
Browsing this forum i am unsure - please could someone answer- is it safe to install 2.1.0 beta on windows xp pro.?
Am i likely to see much improvement with it particularly for blood.?
If so do I just install on top of my existing vdms or must i uninstall old version first?
Thankyou.

Reply 96 of 165, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have been successfully using the 2.1 beta on XP Pro for a while now. The earlier version must be uninstalled first, but the new installer can do it for you (it will require a reboot before it will install the new version.) The only problem that I have is that the Launchpad wizard does not display correctly, though that is because I have my display set to use a larger font size.

Reply 97 of 165, by Bad Maniac

User metadata

I tried to install the new beta on an XP pro PC, and I got numerous warnings about overwriting system dll's in the system32 dir with invompatible versions, and got asked to insert the Servicepack 1 CD to reinstall the original ones. I chose to ignore the warnings, and my system decided to stop working, virtually all my programs now performed "abnormal program termination" when trying to start them, and even reinstalling Servicepack 1 didn't help. I ende up having to format and reinstall XP due to these problems.

Now, I know that it was the vdmsound beta that caused this, because I rarlely install new software, and it was the only thing I had installed for weeks. also the problems started the second I installed the beta, so I am absolutely sure that was the cause.

Is there any problems with XP professional service pack 1? I thought the only prolems were with windows NT 4?

Reply 99 of 165, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
Anonymous wrote:

is XP nt4?:$
greetings: n00b

No, NT 4 is far older. It was the first version of Windows NT with Windows 95 GUI (Start button etc.). After that came W2000 and after that WXP.

Frankly, I do not see any reason why anybody would use NT 4 anymore (unlike e.g. W9x which are also old but they have better compatibility with older games than WXP). NT 4 is just old and has worse compatibility than either W2000 or WXP.

Mirek