VOGONS

Common searches

List the PC games that you have beaten

Topic actions

Reply 240 of 772, by Soupdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just finished Unreal II: The Awakening for the first time, it was quite a slog to get though. I found it to be a very derivative generic sci-fi first person shooter and a disappointing follow-up to the visually stunning and atmospheric original game.

The enemy’s in this game possessed poor ai and where very bullet spongy. Almost all the weapon felt weak and unsatisfying, I used only a few of them and ignored the rest. The games difficulty was all over the place at the mid point it was annoying hard but towards the end it was mostly very easy.

I am not surprised they never made Unreal 3. Its crazy to think Doom 3, Far Cry and Half-Life 2 where all released the next year as they are all light years better than this.

Steam | World of Warcraft

Reply 242 of 772, by Soupdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just finished Beneath a Steel Sky. I played the game back when it was released but I got stuck quite early on back then. This time I found the game a lot easier and only got stumped once near the end due to an annoying pixel small object that I wasn’t able to find with out consulting a walk through.

I enjoyed this game a lot and think it holds up well today after twenty years. The games artwork is very good considering its low resolution and the music is catchy. I was really draw into the cool cyberpunk storyline and especially liked the virtual reality parts. For me this is up there with the best adventure games of the period.

Reply 243 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The Wolf Among Us Episode 5
Mirror's Edge

I've been meaning to go back and play Unreal 2 but I was turned off of playing it when it first came out and I played it for about an hour.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 244 of 772, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
DosFreak wrote:

The Wolf Among Us Episode 5
Mirror's Edge

I've been meaning to go back and play Unreal 2 but I was turned off of playing it when it first came out and I played it for about an hour.

It's not a very good game, but it has its moments. It certainly is far inferior and more generic than its predecessor. I thought the ending was pretty well done, it just struck a note with me.

Reply 247 of 772, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Soupdragon wrote:

Just finished Sanitarium (after many game crashes). I enjoyed it mostly and only got stumped by puzzles twice.

That had so many good reviews back when it was released, but I never have played it.
It's floating around somewhere in my collection...waiting to be played. Story of my gaming career.

Reply 248 of 772, by Soupdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
bushwack wrote:
Soupdragon wrote:

Just finished Sanitarium (after many game crashes). I enjoyed it mostly and only got stumped by puzzles twice.

That had so many good reviews back when it was released, but I never have played it.
It's floating around somewhere in my collection...waiting to be played. Story of my gaming career.

I had the disc back when it was a new game but I never finished it. I bought it from gog.com this time, the crashes where due to windows 7. I don't remember the game crashing on my win98 PC back then. This is the best time of year for me to play older games as publishers tend to cram all the new big titles into the autumn.

Reply 250 of 772, by ElectricMonk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

IF you want the *entire list* of PC games I've beaten:

Altered Destiny
Leisure Suit Larry 1-7
Space Quest 1-6
Ultima 5-8
Darkside/Worlds of Xeen
Ultima: Gateway to the Savage Frontier and Martian Dreams
Secret of Monkey Island (Entire series, including Tales of Monkey Island)
Sam and Max hit the road, as well as the Seasons 1-3 from Telltale
The Wolf Among US
Betrayal at Krondor
Walking dead Season 1, and most of Season 2
Kami
Police Quest 1-4
Conquest of Camelot
Conquest of the Longbow
Full Throttle
Grim Fandango
Ecoquest 1 and 2
Gabriel Knight 1 - 3
Sanitarium
Outcast
Outlast and Whistleblower
Amnesia
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Kings Quest 5-7 (gawd, 7 sucked...)
Quest for Glory 1-5
Freddie Pharkus Frontier Pharmacist
Skyrim and Oblivion
Tie Fighter
X-wing
Dark Forces
Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force
Bioforge
Shadow Caster
Cybermage
Megatraveller 1 and 2
Wing Commmander 1 - 4
Privateer 1 and 2

And there's a ton I'm forgetting about right now.

Reply 253 of 772, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Jesus, do all you guys write on paper which games you have be beaten in your days? I really cant remember which i have beaten in the past because i already have forgotten that.

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 254 of 772, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Robin4 wrote:

Jesus, do all you guys write on paper which games you have be beaten in your days? I really cant remember which i have beaten in the past because i already have forgotten that.

Not paper, but it is called notepad.

Reply 255 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I create folders on my file server for all my saved games in "finish" and "unfinished" folders.

The folders also contain the locations of the original saved games.

Reply 256 of 772, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well I just beat Deus Ex 3 different times using 3 different playing styles each. It's a surprising challenge trying to get through this game without performing any sort of combat sans having to deal with Anna Navarre.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 258 of 772, by Soupdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Call of Duty: World at War single player campaign on regular skill.

Possible my least favorite in the franchise. The games difficult is very inconstant, often I feel the game is almost playing itself and at other times I'll die a few times in close secession. Also for a 2008 game it isn't very nice to look at graphically (facial textures in particular). I have one game left in the series now Black Ops II.

Reply 259 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches DLC for Dishonored.

Pretty good for DLC but it sucks coming back to play the game after weeks or months and trying to get back into the flow.