VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Cthulhus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm looking for Buzz Aldrin's race into space's fan ? Do you know this game ?

Sorry for my poor english ! 😉 But, try to speak french like I'm speak english ! 😀 It's not easy !

Reply 1 of 7, by Peyre

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Pas grave, mon ami...mon français n'est pas très fort non plus. Eh bien, je vois que vous êtes gascon comme ma famille...e parla gascon la tua familha?

Ah, Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space (a.k.a. BARIS). As luck would have it, I do know that game. As it happens, I rediscovered the game recently myself and have been enjoying playing it. You can download the game from the Home of the Underdogs (do not link to abandonware sites); it's about 11MB.

One thing they don't have, though, is the update for the game. It makes the game more stable, and also adds an UNDO feature to the Purchasing section. I've attached it here. If you'd like me to email it, or would like one of my other specials, email me at peyre1347@yahoo.com. I have several things I can send: tips on strategy (which I downloaded from somewhere, but has lots of good hints), edited, an install guide, and a couple icons for the game.

Attachments

• Filename
    baris.zip
    File size
    244.7 KiB
    Downloads
    183 downloads
    File comment
    Update v.1.1 (shows as v.1.0)
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 7, by Cthulhus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

yes, but the better version of BARIS is the CDROM one, it's about 650Mb of video of each mission ! from real video !!!! very nice !

Sorry for my poor english ! 😉 But, try to speak french like I'm speak english ! 😀 It's not easy !

Reply 3 of 7, by Peyre

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh yeah! I've heard of the CD-ROM version. I'd love to get my hands on a copy of that! Hell, I'd pay for it if I could buy it somewhere.

Anyone out there know where we can get ahold of the CD-ROM version of BARIS?

Reply 4 of 7, by Cthulhus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Look at ebay first ? we do not allow open discussion of software piracy

Reply 6 of 7, by Zorix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,
This game is in fact released as freeware by the current copyright owners.

http://www.geocities.com/raceintospace/CopyrightInfo.txt

Has anyone gotten this game to work in the current DosBox? If i set the cycles real low before running the game, and then changing it, then it works. And the CD-ROM version I cannot get sound to work at all. Any clues? Thanks.