VOGONS

Common searches

Game collection

Topic actions

First post, by Splinter

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Here's my collection of games in their original cases.
I still play many of them, but could never quite get to grips with Daikatana and POD just never ran properly on any PC I've ever owned.
20140607_114515_zps03bcd811.jpg

20140607_113958_zps2bd5df21.jpg

20140526_164813_zps8d13c06a.jpg

20140526_164559_zps15e15be6.jpg

http://www.compufixshop.com
Main rig Ryzen 2600X Strix RX580 32GB RAM
Secondary rig FX8350 GTX960 16GB RAM

Reply 3 of 85, by AlphaWing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Holering wrote:

Those are some serious games you got there 😲 ! Lots of those I haven't tried and they seem great. How is "No one Lives Forever"? That's one I've always wanted to try.

You should, try them both, as they are very original and funny. They really, shoulda continued the series!
Especially compared to modern FPS games.

Reply 4 of 85, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What I have installed
http://imgur.com/giUFPMn
sorry cant direct post an image looks like the board wont support an image width of 5292x1050
(click the thumbnail)

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 5 of 85, by Splinter

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My, that's quite an installation!
NOLF is one of the best games I've got and I've heard that the people who ended up with the SS2 IP are going to release NOLF on GOG.
Too many acronyms there 🤣

Reply 7 of 85, by 2fort5r

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

POD was a great game but you're right that it's fussy about hardware. I also have the expansion disk but have never played it because of some installation problem I never managed to figure out.

Account retired. Now posting as Errius.

Reply 8 of 85, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

POD is FANTASTIC. But like you said it's a pain to get to run on anything that isn't running windows 9x. Nice collection, you make me feel like a hoarder though. 🤣
I currently don't have a way to display all of my games or have them easily accessible on a shelf or something so I have 2 66QT bins holding most of them, even that isn't enough storage though. 😒
I agree with some of these other guys though, where are all your big box games man? Cmon! 🤣

Edit: OMG YOU HAVE INCOMING. I wasted countless hours of my life playing that game. It was always POD, Motoracer and Incoming. 🤣

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 9 of 85, by Splinter

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The only big box game I've got is Doom 3, I think.
I spent many a happy day or three on Incoming. In fact, I remember when I first saw the demo at Evesham Micros in erm...Evesham and thought...'my, that looks incredible!', which it was at the time, so I ordered a PII 266 immediately and added a the optional extra Rage Pro 4Mb.
I'll have to give the Subversion expansion pack a go later, as I can't remember what it was like 🤣

Reply 12 of 85, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
collector wrote:

What, no big boxes?

Boxes cost money. 🤣

If you're just buying a game because you want to play it, rather than to save it forever, then the box is an unnecessary expense.

Reply 14 of 85, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
2fort5r wrote:

You can keep the disk and sell the box to some collector.

Wrong. Anyone serious about it is looking for complete copies.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 16 of 85, by Firtasik

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote:

I'm most curious of the contents of HALF-LIFE ADDONS (IN LITHOGRAPH FONT)

http://www.moddb.com/games/half-life/addons/h … add-ons-rare-cd

11 1 111 11 1 1 1 1 1 11 1 1 111 1 111 1 1 1 1 111

Reply 17 of 85, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sliderider wrote:
collector wrote:

What, no big boxes?

Boxes cost money. 🤣

If you're just buying a game because you want to play it, rather than to save it forever, then the box is an unnecessary expense.

Not really, I usually pick up mint copies in the boxes from my local thrift store. My last find was this for only a 5$:

2_by_mad_king_corduroy-d7y5uoo.jpg

1_by_mad_king_corduroy-d7y5up1.jpg

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 19 of 85, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I would buy a box that someone would want to get rid of because it's so much easier in most cases to find a jewel case copy but no so much when you are talking original big boxes.

It would have to be a good price though.

Anyways...great collection btw...for me some of the best ones you have are deus ex x wing vs tie aliens vs predator and serious Sam.