VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Paradox

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a Logitech Extreme 3d Pro USB. It works fine in windows but does not work in any of the games I try to use it in in DosBox save one. It doesn't work in Crusader: No Remorse Crusader: No Regret or Wing Commander Armada; however it does work in Wing Commander Privateer. In the games that it does not work in when i try to calabrate it it is stuck in the lower right corner, it does respond to joystick movements but will not move from the corner and the x and y coordinates are constantly flashing around. I searched the forom and found no mention of such a problem. I am running DosBox 6.1, on a Athlon 3000+ with 1024 Mb ram, an Audigy 2, and an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. Can anyone help?

Reply 1 of 6, by THE_WUQKED

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have got the exact same problem in Wing Commander Armada, just like everyone else who I know and has tried out WC Armada with Joystick (see wcnews forum). - And the keys for controlling are very bad in that game, imho (worse than any other WC title I've tried playing with keyboard)´
So does anyone know what's going wrong there?

P.S.: I've also tried out a newer CVS version, forgot which one.

Reply 2 of 6, by Paradox

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just tried it with the CVS as of 5/25/04 and it did not resolve the problem. I am really amased that this topic has gotten only one response. I know I'm not the only one who has the problem (as THE_WUQKED stated), it is widespread. I have seen posts by the DosBox authors and others "in the know" on this forum and yet in 112 views of this topic I haven't even gotten a single "This is a known problem and is being worked on." type of response. Whats up with this?

Reply 5 of 6, by THE_WUQKED

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmm, that's strange. When asking politely for help, no-one replies for days. But if some-one starts getting a bit angry about not being helped, he gets replies only a few minutes later. Imho, there's something wrong, but hey, what does it matter?
Anyway, thx Leonard for the info 😉