VOGONS

First post, by SedrynTyros

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I was PMing with him about custom DOSBox builds and I went to check to see if my last message this morning I sent went out okay when *poof* his vogons forum account is now showing as deleted. And now it looks like his page at http://www.si-gamer.net/truth/ is down as well. Does anybody know what gives?

Reply 2 of 7, by SedrynTyros

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Bummer ... okay then. I wish him well wherever he ventures off too. I found his participation in DOSBox-X and his other individual patch fixes to be quite useful. Sorry to see him go.

Reply 3 of 7, by eraH_retired

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

It's a bit sad to see him go, he was quite the contributor.

Reply 4 of 7, by SedrynTyros

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
eraH wrote:

It's a bit sad to see him go, he was quite the contributor.

No kidding, huh? He was great. A good balance between technical know-how and a perspective on how less technical people would want to use DOSBox.

I was about to propose a minor collaboration with him wherein I'd work on compiling regular updates with DOSBox SVN Munt builds while he focused on the more complex DOSBox-X custom builds (that require coding knowledge, which I possess none of). Alas, looks like tis not to be.

Reply 6 of 7, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

He's still on the PCem forums fyi, but he'll probably self-destruct there too.

Dunno why people choose to do this on phpBB though. All it does is remove all privileges to your existing posts

I have to deal with this on the OA board by having a short editing time limit. Out of the blue someone would suddenly 'censor' themselves by blanking all of their own posts as a form of protest as if the admin were a powermonger

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 7 of 7, by Harekiet

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

But you are a crazy powermonger.