VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

TrickStyle (Criterion/Acclaim):

The game won't install from PC, as it says the version of Windows isn't supported by DirectX (or something), and no compatibility modes get around it! So, do the following (no Registry mods needed FYI):

1. Copy CD-ROM contents to folder on PC.
2. Copy setup.exe from Is5Launcher.zip (from here: http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10988) to the folder.
3. Run the new version of setup.exe to install.
4. Install the D3D version, as the textures are a lot higher resolution than 3Dfx.
5. Run the game. If framerate is jerkier than you expect, and you're using Windows 8 or 8.1, to restore smooth framerate, use the methods found here: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/post.php? … 77&post=1202630
6. For some reason, the sound may be silent when you launch the D3D version. To fix this, go into the in-game Options, then Sound, and raise the volume of the CD audio, it'll fix normal sound volume too. You have to do this every time. The 3Dfx version doesn't have this issue!

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 1 of 3, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Incidentally, there is a 1.1 patch out there, but it seems to only fix an issue with Matrox G400 graphics cards.

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 2 of 3, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Actually, regarding point 6, I think that was caused by me faffing about with the sound for a while. I went through the registry and deleted a couple of keys that referred to TS_D3D.exe with some sort of HD audio reference before it, now the audio works fine again, without the need to turn the CD audio up each time!

Reply 3 of 3, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Okay the CD audio CAN still go to 0%, if there isn't any, just flip that back up!

As for point 5 above, CHANGE THIS: instead of the DXPrimaryEmulation ACT fix, use NoGDIHWAcceleration and ForceSimpleWindow, as it's more compatible.