VOGONS

Common searches

Doom TC's

Topic actions

First post, by Toolman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

How do you get all the great Total Conversions for Doom to work in Dos Box?

Reply 4 of 11, by Toolman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I guess I am not making myself very clear, I run doom just fine in DOSBOX but am having trouble getting the TC's to function in DOSBOX so I was asking if anyone knew why they were not working. If you do not know, there is no reason to reply. Just looking for help, not smart ass answers

Reply 5 of 11, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Why? The instructions that apply to DOS can apply in DOSBox and not every Doom TC is installed the same way. Most of them usually involve Dehacking the Doom exe with a Deh file to produce different gameplay, or merging sprites with the iwad (doom/doom2.wad). Some even provide convenient batch files to do these steps for you.

It's also important to upgrade to a Doom version that the TC demands like 1.9, as well as keep backup installs of Doom2 incase something goes awry like permanently replacing doom with barney

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 6 of 11, by RetroFAN

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Toolman wrote:

I guess I am not making myself very clear, I run doom just fine in DOSBOX but am having trouble getting the TC's to function in DOSBOX so I was asking if anyone knew why they were not working. If you do not know, there is no reason to reply. Just looking for help, not smart ass answers

Ok, can you make an example?

Reply 7 of 11, by Reckless

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Toolman wrote:

If you do not know, there is no reason to reply. Just looking for help, not smart ass answers

What a tool[man] you are. DOS is DOS whether it's real or DOSBox. If you've had the TC['s] running in DOS then make sure the environment is the same in DOSBox and there should be no reason for issues.

Reply 8 of 11, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Reckless wrote:
Toolman wrote:

If you do not know, there is no reason to reply. Just looking for help, not smart ass answers

What a tool[man] you are. DOS is DOS whether it's real or DOSBox. If you've had the TC['s] running in DOS then make sure the environment is the same in DOSBox and there should be no reason for issues.

I second this. Why the hell are you being so hostile? We are a community of retro gaming enthusiasts not your personal genie in a bottle who can fix everything for you with no questions asked.

Why don't you chill out and answer some of the questions that were asked of you. 😠

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 9 of 11, by Toolman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Alright folks, I pissed people off. It was not my intention. My apologies to any who were upset.
Let me try again to explain what I mean. Trying to find out if anyone else has had the issue of not being able to get Doom TC's to work in DOSBOX, yes I have Doom 1.9, yes some TC's work but I have no explanation as to why I cannot get others to work so I was trying to find out if anyone else had this issue and how they resolved it.
thank you for taking the time to read.

Reply 11 of 11, by RetroFAN

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Toolman wrote:

Alright folks, I pissed people off. It was not my intention. My apologies to any who were upset.
Let me try again to explain what I mean. Trying to find out if anyone else has had the issue of not being able to get Doom TC's to work in DOSBOX, yes I have Doom 1.9, yes some TC's work but I have no explanation as to why I cannot get others to work so I was trying to find out if anyone else had this issue and how they resolved it.
thank you for taking the time to read.

Again, don't misunderstand... but PLEASE specify an example of a TC that doesn't work!!!