VOGONS

OpenAL entirely broken on X-Fi

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 20 of 29, by mirh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
swaaye wrote:
mirh wrote:
swaaye wrote:

Audigy's Alchemy behavior is different than X-Fi's. Both cards work better on XP though IMO.

Are you sure? I thought after daniel_k's fiasco it was the same between the two cards.
Even because if even who uses a Realtek can made it to work... I don't see who's the moron that would block an Audigy

It's not blocked. In fact I use DanielK's Audigy Support Pack 4.5 when I use an Audigy 1/2/4 with Windows 7/8. Though there is a newer official Creative driver for Audigy 4 now IIRC.

There are updated drivers from daniel too
Besides, I always wondered about these differences, but every time I asked somebody (with a soundblaster) to do this... I got nothing

Anyway, back to topic, If you check their pull request list there are some patches about audio waiting to be merged. Those may do your day

pcgamingwiki.com

Reply 21 of 29, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's a lot of work to record/catalog the audio issues for you. Do it yourself. I don't have an Audigy in use anywhere at the moment.

It's interesting to see Creative is still developing Audigy software to some degree. Though I suppose they do have to support that Audigy 5 card.

Reply 22 of 29, by obobskivich

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
swaaye wrote:

It's a lot of work to record/catalog the audio issues for you. Do it yourself. I don't have an Audigy in use anywhere at the moment.

It's interesting to see Creative is still developing Audigy software to some degree. Though I suppose they do have to support that Audigy 5 card.

Audigy 5? There's a new one? 😲 😕

Reply 26 of 29, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think it's essentially an Audigy 4 with a PCIe bridge. Audigy 1/2/4 work with 8.1 as well. I don't really understand why they built this card. Maybe it's old chip inventory? Maybe there is some E-Mu product using this design.

Reply 28 of 29, by Squall Leonhart

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

2.17.0008, XFTI_PCDRV_LB_2_17_0008.exe from Feb 2013 was the best openal driver from creative labs on windows 7 fixing the bsod issues that had plagued it forever

Then the windows 8 compatible driver released with 2.40.0008, XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0008.exe on March 2014 introducing the openal audio loss.

Subsequent windows 10 drivers have come out since still including the same issues,

XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0016.exe is now available for Win 10, unfortuantely the catalogs have only been created with windows 10 in mind and those have been signed with a whql certificate that is not compatible with secureboot.

These can be installed on windows 7 and 8, but the user will need inf2cat, makecert, certmgr and signtool to create win7/8 compatible catalog files, create pc specific signatures and then apply them to the driver+ insert them into windows.

its honestly a pain and i wish there was a utility to automate the job but eh.

anyway, currently don't know if these will fix openal, and i'll leave it up to a 10 user to try them out before i take a shot at installing them.