VOGONS

First post, by comteck123

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I need help running TS on dosbox but i want to replace dos4g with dos32a but it wont work. Tried sb /b /r skynetw.exe and sb /r skynet.exe but it wont work. Shows me this after crashing:

Attachments

• dosbox_000.png
    Filename
    dosbox_000.png
    File size
    8.28 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

The Shadow Warrior Mod that makes weapons O.P., plus adds more ammo: My First Shadow Warrior mod.

Reply 1 of 19, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Maybe there's something in the executable that checks whether it has been modified?

I think you can run the game with DOS32a just by typing "dos32a skynetw.exe" without using sb.

Reply 2 of 19, by comteck123

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Nope. Still crashes but this time Dosbox did fully crash. Also I am doing this because when I load the save game for like multiple times it just crashes and says DYNX86 can't run code in this page.

The Shadow Warrior Mod that makes weapons O.P., plus adds more ammo: My First Shadow Warrior mod.

Reply 3 of 19, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

DOSBox questions should be asked in the DOSBox forum. Perhaps a mod would be so kind as to move this for you.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 5 of 19, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
comteck123 wrote:

Also I am doing this because when I load the save game for like multiple times it just crashes and says DYNX86 can't run code in this page.

And the same thing happens when you don't use DOS32a?

Anyway, using core=normal in your dosbox.conf might be worth a try.

Reply 6 of 19, by Silanda

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've just tried this game with dos32a in 0.74 and a current SVN build. The results were strange. At first it worked, then it crashed out repeatedly with integer divide by zero errors, then I reinstalled it and it worked again. I'm slightly perplexed.

One question though: what version of the game are you running? 1.00 or 1.01? The version on my cd is 1.01 and it doesn't come with a skynetw.exe.

Reply 7 of 19, by comteck123

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Silanda wrote:

I've just tried this game with dos32a in 0.74 and a current SVN build. The results were strange. At first it worked, then it crashed out repeatedly with integer divide by zero errors, then I reinstalled it and it worked again. I'm slightly perplexed.

One question though: what version of the game are you running? 1.00 or 1.01? The version on my cd is 1.01 and it doesn't come with a skynetw.exe.

I am running v1.01 and he skynetw.exe is just a backup.

Reply 9 of 19, by comteck123

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It runs but crashes when I load a save game multiple times. With an error saying: DYNX86: cannot run code in this page.

Reply 10 of 19, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

"DYNX86: cannot run code in this page" implies a problem with the dynamic core. That is why I suggested using core=normal in your dosbox.conf . Have you tried that yet?

Reply 11 of 19, by comteck123

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jorpho wrote:

"DYNX86: cannot run code in this page" implies a problem with the dynamic core. That is why I suggested using core=normal in your dosbox.conf . Have you tried that yet?

I tried it and after a few loads I get this:

Attachments

• dosbox_001.png
    Filename
    dosbox_001.png
    File size
    3.79 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    I always get this everytime.
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 13 of 19, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
comteck123 wrote:
Jorpho wrote:

You say it happens "after a few loads" but your caption says "I always get this everytime", so which is it?

Also, does that happen with both dos4gw and dos32a?

Reply 15 of 19, by comteck123

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jorpho wrote:
comteck123 wrote:
Jorpho wrote:

You say it happens "after a few loads" but your caption says "I always get this everytime", so which is it?

Also, does that happen with both dos4gw and dos32a?

I always get that everytime I load my save game a few times. And it happens in both Dos4gw and dos32a but with the latter, it immediately crashes after I reload my save.

Reply 16 of 19, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Qbix wrote:

Isn't skynet known for its instability ?

Yes indeedy.
Skynet (crash when re-entering buildings)
Terminator Future Shock issue

Someone posted a patched EXE here once:
Terminator Skynet problem

Reply 17 of 19, by comteck123

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, it seems that months later I finally figured out the problem. Apparently It crashes when the cycles are set to auto but after setting it to fixed 60k cycles it doesn't crash anymore.....for now! BTW I used the patched exe.

Reply 18 of 19, by OokOok

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The referenced patched executable didn't do anything for me, but what did work was to strip the embedded DOS/4GW (using DOS/32A's "sb" tool) and then run the game through DOS/4GW 2.01. It's been completely crash-free after that, even inside the toxic plant in Future Shock, which crashed every five seconds otherwise.

Reply 19 of 19, by comteck123

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Also I can play the game crash free using the emucr.com svn builds of dosbox. Just make sure you have fixed cycles around 60k or it will not work