post up pics of your "computing area"

Topic actions

Reply 623 of 2204, by GeorgeMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Great! 😁

1. Athlon XP 3200+ | ASUS A7V600 | Radeon 9500 @ Pro | SB Audigy 2 ZS | 80GB IDE, 500GB SSD IDE2Sata, 2x1TB HDDs | Win 98SE, XP, Vista
2. Pentium MMX 266| Qdi Titanium IIIB | Hercules graphics & Amber monitor | 1 + 10GB HDDs | DOS 6.22, Win 3.1, 95C

Reply 624 of 2204, by PcBytes

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Might as well show mine:

DSCN0832.JPG
Filename
DSCN0832.JPG
File size
4.76 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Not seen in the picture are my 2 retro rigs,a Palomino AXP 1900+ and a 2500+ Barton,one of which is hooked up to the CRT.

Also,the shot of my desktop in case you wonder (I know,I know. It's anime,because I recently found I like anime. 🤣 ) :

Athlon 64 3200+.png
Filename
Athlon 64 3200+.png
File size
1.03 MiB
Views
File comment
Athlon 64...still good to this day!
File license

"Enter at your own peril, past the bolted door..."
Main PC: i5 3470, GB B75M-D3H, 16GB RAM, 2x1TB
98SE : P3 650, Soyo SY-6BA+IV, 384MB RAM, 80GB

Reply 626 of 2204, by TELEPACMAN

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Why, thank you. 😀 It really came out quite nicely didn't it? Both posing and staging were a fruit of randomness. I was actually taking some photos to sell the Flatron. At the time of the shot I believe it had 233Mhz PII on an asus LX board, 1995 SIS PCI card, Orchid Righteous 3D, 32MB SDRAM 83MHz, Sound Blaster 16, 20GB Maxtor and a black Philips DVD-RW. Outside the box you can see a Voodoo3 2000 AGP, I was doing some tests.

Reply 627 of 2204, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Been working to get power and lighting into my garden shed, this will be an area where I can work and leave my crap out in the warmer months. The work surface used to be an island unit in our kitchen until it was replaced with a dining table.

rm4XJukl.jpg

Reply 630 of 2204, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

My computer lab is undergoing major re-organisation. Took the opportunity to take a photo of my main capture PC.

It's running an AMD FX-6300 with 8 GB Ram. The reason I went with AMD was because I really wanted a motherboard with floppy port. Looking at Intel when I was hunting around, there was nothing available. This board I got from eBay, but new. It's an Asrock board. I've added the GOTEK USB emulator at the front as well as extra USB ports. For capturing it's got a Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium and AVerMedia Game Broadcaster HD, which does VGA and HDMI capture. There is also a PCI USB card, because you just can't have enough USB ports 😀

Cooler is a Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO, can highly recommend it. Good value cooler. The AMD Stock cooler was really garbage. 6000 rpm or something like that 😒

Mein hard drive is a Seagate 2 TB Hybrid SSD. Speeds up the boot process and I needed space for captures.

Dy6I6nNh.jpg

MYl1fLHh.jpg

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 632 of 2204, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
MMaximus wrote:

Nice system. Is it a gigabyte gz-x1 case?

Yes. It was one of the few, affordable cases, with 4x 5.25" and 2x 3.5" external drive bays. Great for any ATX retro gaming PC as well. Originally the plan was to use it for my main Super Socket 7 machine, but not sure how it ended up for the capture PC 😊

Reply 633 of 2204, by seob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi just introducing myself.
Been a pc user ever since our first pc a Philips P2230 12.5mhz 1 Mb ram, 20Mb hdd, 1.44Mb 3.5"diskdrive, and cga monochrome graphics. Later expanded with a 256Kb 8bit isa vga card and a Adlib compatible soundcard, after using a year or so a selfbuild covox cable.

My retro systems i got today are:
A P100, 32Mb, 1.2 Gb Hdd, ArkLogic 2000PV 2Mb vga card, A gravis ultrasound max compatible soundcard, and a Logitech soundman wave for soundblaster compatibility and a internal zip 100 and 8x cd-rom.
My second system is
a P233MMX, 64Mb ram, 3.2Gb Hdd, Daimond Stealth 3d 2000 4Mb, 3dfx voodoo2 12 Mb, a sb ct4170 and a 12x cd-rom drive.

For gaming purposes i have a whole lot of controllers, Gravis gamepad, Gravis joystick, quickshot masterpilot, thrustmaster tupgun platium, thrustmaster attack throttle, microsoft sidewinder forcefeedback and a digital edge f1 sim compact.

Display is a sony lcd 4:3 display.

I also have a commodore pc10-III, it's booting up, but i don't get picture on my monitor, also i don't have a keyboard. The battery has leaked so the mainboard and a few ramchips have some corrosion.

Attachments

• pc.jpg
    Filename
    pc.jpg
    File size
    1.88 MiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 634 of 2204, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Very nice setup. I used to have that Gravis joystick as well back in the day. Was great for Wing Commander 😀

Reply 635 of 2204, by seob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
philscomputerlab wrote:

Very nice setup. I used to have that Gravis joystick as well back in the day. Was great for Wing Commander 😀

Thanks. Only found that joystick recently. Most of the time I use my Thrustmaster Top Gun joystick.

Love your YouTube show.

Reply 636 of 2204, by Tiger433

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That`s my retro-computing area with my PIV 2.0 rig with Radeon 9600 and games on table is Gothic Saga (1-3), Diablo 2 with expansion, Painkiller Black Edition, Fallout Saga (1+2 and Tactics) and with Fallouts is on dvd also Spellforce with expansion 😀 Keyboard is cheap Omega model, and speakers also is cheap model powered from usb, and mouse is A4 Tech Opto415 and I have that mouse almost 10 years 🤣 and monitor is 15 inch with max 1024x768 resolution Fujitsu-Siemens 383V.

Attachments

• Zdjęcie0211.jpg
    Filename
    Zdjęcie0211.jpg
    File size
    1.04 MiB
    Views
    File license
  • Zdjęcie0208.jpg
    Filename
    Zdjęcie0208.jpg
    File size
    1023.44 KiB
    Views
    File license

W7 "retro" PC: ASUS P8H77-V, Intel i3 3240, 8 GB DDR3 1333, HD6850, 2 x 500 GB HDD
Retro 98SE PC: MSI MS-6511, AMD Athlon XP 2000+, 512 MB RAM, ATI Rage 128, 80GB HDD
My Youtube channel

Reply 637 of 2204, by Blurredman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
bjt wrote:
Been working to get power and lighting into my garden shed, this will be an area where I can work and leave my crap out in the w […]
Show full quote

Been working to get power and lighting into my garden shed, this will be an area where I can work and leave my crap out in the warmer months. The work surface used to be an island unit in our kitchen until it was replaced with a dining table.

rm4XJukl.jpg

Do you have any spare original style 464 boards? I was a fool some years ago and blew mine up (i think because i used an over voltaged power adapter) which I still am thoroughly peeved about. But since then I got (well a few) 6128's and linked up a portable cassette player and hooked up a 5.25" floppy drive and didn't really think about it since. But I still really would like to get my 464 back on the road! I like it more somehow. Also the significant difference in size appeals to me more than the convenience of the floppy drive of the 6128.

I do have both types of external power supplies, two green screens and It took me a long time to get the colour monitor which I love!! Resolution and colours on it are pretty intense! 😈

http://blurredmanswebsite.ddns.net/ 😊

Reply 638 of 2204, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Here's where I do all of my computing!

GAjYCGS.jpg

Up top are most of my PC boxed game collection. I just love big box PC games, there's something special about them that just resonates with me. I'm getting to the stage though where the ones I want/need to expand my collection are getting expensive...

l23UkLt.jpg

Up on the desk are my modern rig and my Q4 1999 rig on a shitty wooden test bench that I built from scrap. I want to get a white Bitfenix Comrade to match its younger brother below!

Modern:

• Intel Core i5-3470
  • Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X 4GB
  • 16GB of Corsair Vengeance DDR3
  • Samsung 120GB SSD
  • WD Black 1TB
  • Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 cooler
  • Silverstone TJ08-EW
  • 3x Viewsonic 23" 1080p panels
  • Ducky Zero TKL with MX Blues
  • Steelseries Kana V2
  • Runs Windows 8.1

Q4 1999 Rig:

• Pentium III 800MHz Coppermine
  • Matrox G400
  • Creative Voodoo2 12MB cards in SLI
  • Soundblaster Live! Platinum (no front bay on it now, but I have it in the box)
  • Promise Ultra66 ATA controller
  • Soundblaster AWE64 Gold
  • Runs Windows 98SE

sbrFOwp.jpg

Underneath I have two more retro rigs. You can also see my Aten CS84U KVM (this is an EXCELLENT KVM, highly recommended!) and Roland SC55 on top of the DOS machine. I also run a Microsoft WMO into the KVM for the three retro rigs (they don't like the Steelseries).

Q4 2003 Rig:

• ASUS P4P800-E mobo
  • Pentium 4 3.2GHz Northwood with HT
  • 2GB of Corsair XMS 400MHz CL2 RAM
  • MSI FX5950Ultra 256MB GPU
  • Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
  • A pair of WD Raptor 36GB in RAID
  • Bitfenix Comrade case
  • Runs Windows XP

Pure DOS Rig:

• AMD K6-2 450MHz (I have a Pentium MMX 200MHz that I might put in instead)
  • Matrox Millennium G200
  • 3dfx Voodoo
  • Soundblaster AWE32 CT3900
  • Terratec TT1816 for MIDI out using SoftMPU
  • Some old 15GB DeskStar drive

d8lWeB6.jpg

There's a few more pics here too: http://imgur.com/a/pUYsw

Reply 639 of 2204, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
dexter311 wrote:

Here's where I do all of my computing!

Jiminy Crickets, what an amazing setup! What's in all those cupboards? I must know!

Life? Don't talk to me about life.