RB3D continued

Topic actions

Reply 60 of 146, by Hentzau

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Snover wrote:

ROFL, dude.

Okay, Hentzau, you need need NEED to update your Detonator drivers to 30.82. (The latest version that is NOT A BETA.)

Aren't detonator drivers for Geforce? What I did tonight was to try going back to 3dfx 1.04 drivers, but the extension for fog still doesn't come up in the log and the horizon still looks like this included snap. Basically its just for info for Paul as he mentioned in another thread that seeing how it works on a voodoo card might be useful.

The unregistered guy might want to try those drivers though.

Reply 61 of 146, by Hentzau

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oops, got hung up in preview. Heres the image. The wrapper has come far in the short time Paul's been tuning it. Basically about the only things wrong when run on a voodoo card now seem to be fog, blurry aircraft bitmaps, and a kind of dark edge to each tile.

Hmm, won't take my jpg, worked before. 🤣

Last edited by Hentzau on 2002-10-01, 08:23. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 62 of 146, by VonHelton

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Nicht Sehr Gut wrote:

Hey US185Damiani, you must a really powerful computer. I've never seen "Red Baron" look that good. I especially like the "patchy grass" texture and the "guy in shorts 3D render". Nice smoke/dust effect, too. Very realistic.

I could build it, but your framerates would be in the single digits!!

Computers need to get a bit more powerful for something that good!

😁

Reply 63 of 146, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Hentzau wrote:

Oops, got hung up in preview. Heres the image. The wrapper has come far in the short time Paul's been tuning it. Basically about the only things wrong when run on a voodoo card now seem to be fog, blurry aircraft bitmaps, and a kind of dark edge to each tile.

That's not good, especially with a Voodoo card, a card that uses Glide natively. And one that I own (a Voodoo3 3000 PCI)... *sigh*

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 64 of 146, by US185Damiani

User metadata

Paul
The M$ products were never good with external peripherals. The FF Pro and Precision Pro are very good products, but in typical Microsoft fashion the Game port units wouldn't accept external rudder pedals or throttle without an expensive adapter from Simped. Simped manufactures the only pedals I know of which work with the M$ stuff. I don't believe the USB PP2 And FF2 will accept externals easily either. Thats why I opted for the Chproducts stick. It will work with external pedals, and the Throttle I have has a keyboard Mapping feature that is a direct Keyboard emulator allowing me to program up to 64 keys into it. very nice setup. Ch is a Bit pricey (approx 52.00 for my analog stick) but very high Quality
the Full set USB will run around 250.00 US through a discount source like http://www.c-source.com but I acquired my complete setup for around 120.00 US it is all older analog stuff but does everything I want cheaply.
Take care
Mike

Reply 65 of 146, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If any of you control experts have found a way to get Microsoft's USB Precision Pro 2 and Force Feedback 2 to work in PURE DOS, the world would beat a path to your door...

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 66 of 146, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
US185Damiani wrote:

Paul
The M$ products were never good with external peripherals. The FF Pro and Precision Pro are very good products, but in typical Microsoft fashion the Game port units wouldn't accept external rudder pedals or throttle without an expensive adapter from Simped. Simped manufactures the only pedals I know of which work with the M$ stuff.

I was hoping that with USB I could just add peddles later, plugging them directly into the computer. Is that not right then?

I don't believe the USB PP2 And FF2 will accept externals easily either. Thats why I opted for the Chproducts stick. It will work with external pedals, and the Throttle I have has a keyboard Mapping feature that is a direct Keyboard emulator allowing me to program up to 64 keys into it. very nice setup.

Does sound nice.

Ch is a Bit pricey (approx 52.00 for my analog stick) but very high Quality
the Full set USB will run around 250.00 US

That's getting towards the cost of a HOTAS COUGAR, although then there's still the pedals to buy.

Thanks. Not what I was hoping, but it is useful to know.

Reply 68 of 146, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Damiani wrote:

Paul The whole setup WITH Pedals runs about 250.00 not just the Stick and THrottle

Yes, sorry I got that. My last post was confusing. I meant that for that much I could get a HOTAS COUGAR, but if I did get one then I would still need pedals. CH does sound good if I'm sure I want the lot.

Reply 69 of 146, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Hentzau wrote:

Aren't detonator drivers for Geforce? What I did tonight was to try going back to 3dfx 1.04 drivers, but the extension for fog still doesn't come up in the log and the horizon still looks like this included snap. Basically its just for info for Paul as he mentioned in another thread that seeing how it works on a voodoo card might be useful.

The unregistered guy might want to try those drivers though.

Whaaat? The Detonator drivers are for ALL of nVidia's cards. You said you were running a TNT2, didn't you?? Now it sounds like you're on a Voodoo3 3000? What?

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 70 of 146, by Unregistered

User metadata
Snover wrote:

Whaaat? The Detonator drivers are for ALL of nVidia's cards. You said you were running a TNT2, didn't you?? Now it sounds like you're on a Voodoo3 3000? What?

The "unregistered" fellow said he was on a TNT2 I believe. I've always been on a Voodoo 3 3000 AGP in every post. 🤣

Paul said in another thread that knowing what the wrapper does on a voodoo might be useful so thats what i've been doing. Stock 3dfx drivers after a certain point either 1.04 or 1.05 supposedly had something wrong with OpenGL(might be why I couldn't get Tribes 2 to work also). I was running stock 1.07 drivers and got no fog so I went back to stock 1.04 drivers to see if that might give me fog and we might find that cards with broken(improperly functioning, whats the right wording?) OpenGL were the reason for fog not displaying correctly. Doesn't seem to be the problem in the voodoo's case though.

Reply 72 of 146, by Unregistered

User metadata
Hentzau wrote:

ACKKKKKKK, I see how this can get confusing. That last post was me. Anyway i'm on a voodoo 3 3000. 🤣

Hentzau, stop posting as Unregistered, that's me! 😀

Yes, I'm on TNT2, old drivers, can't remember what. I might give those 30.82 a try. Anyone know if they work well with TNT2? Any issues? Any reason to suppose they might help with this fog business (surely someone else out there still has a TNT2?)

Reply 73 of 146, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Unregistered wrote:

Any reason to suppose they might help with this fog business (surely someone else out there still has a TNT2?)

GoldFinger says TNT2 has fog support and hence it can only be a driver problem. I think it is very likely to help.

Reply 74 of 146, by GoldFinger

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hey,
I still have a TNT2 on my work computer, I use the 30.82 Detonator drivers with great support for almost all extensions, TNT2 supports the fog extension as when I develop OpenGLide I had a TNT2... 😀
The detonator drivers are for ALL NVidia products you can install them without fear.
http://www.nvidia.com

Fabio Barros

Reply 76 of 146, by Hentzau

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Unregistered wrote:

Hentzau, stop posting as Unregistered, that's me! 😀

Yes, I'm on TNT2, old drivers, can't remember what. I might give those 30.82 a try. Anyone know if they work well with TNT2? Any issues? Any reason to suppose they might help with this fog business (surely someone else out there still has a TNT2?)

You can post as "MJAPSON" and still remain just a guest so we don't get so confused. Just CTRL X "unregistered" and put in your name. 🤣

Reply 77 of 146, by Richitis

User metadata

I'm not MJAPSON, I'm Richitis (from ROTJII forum)! aka Unregistered...

Well I downloaded 30.82 driver last night, installed, fired up RB, and hey presto, fog at last! It works! Looks good too.

Thanks guys - nothing wrong with the wrapper after all.

(Although now the cursor has disappeared - or become a small square of odd texture - but that's most definitely livable with).

Reply 78 of 146, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Richitis wrote:

I'm (Although now the cursor has disappeared - or become a small square of odd texture - but that's most definitely livable with).

That's very useful to know, actually. I thought the cursor looked wrong. So fog is being applied when it shouldn't, maybe. Think you have pointed us to a bug after all.

Reply 79 of 146, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Still not sure what joystick to buy. For now, I want one with a twisting yoke, but I've seen some terrible reviews about the Precision 2. They say it is no where near as good as the one it replaces. Maybe the Precision Pro 2 is better. Also there's the Top Gun Fox Pro, but there seems to be about four different flavours of that. The shock version has fairly bad reviews.

Any last thoughts before I commit to one or other?