VOGONS

Reply 2700 of 27364, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ok so they do offer licence transfers, they even have an on-line form to do this. But that alone takes time, the free version might need a few more clicks, but otherwise it's hassle free. The graphics driver alone, I must have spent more than an hour on that one yesterday.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 2701 of 27364, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Today I went through 1 more box of parts. The box I had completely forgotten but brought it down anyway as it had some some VLB cards in it.
There was nothing really interesting in it, except for a Live! with daughterboard and a couple 8-bit NICs.
And for some reason I found the part number very funny

Attachments

• 8-bit NIC part number.png
    Filename
    8-bit NIC part number.png
    File size
    2.83 MiB
    Views
    File comment
    8-bit NIC part number
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 2703 of 27364, by chrisNova777

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

🤣
" X D " is more and more lately in recent years used as an emoticon to describe a smiling / laughing face

http://www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage PC/MAC MIDI/DAW | Asus mobo archive | Sound Modules | Vintage MIDI Interfaces
AM386DX40 | Asus VL/I-486SV2GX4 (486DX2-80) | GA586VX (p75) + r7000PCI | ABIT Be6 (pII-233) matroxG400 AGP

Reply 2704 of 27364, by HighTreason

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Really? I thought that was a crappy flash card that never caught on.

My Youtube - My Let's Plays - SoundCloud - My FTP (Drivers and more)

Reply 2706 of 27364, by HighTreason

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I first read it as "Racial InterLAN" which made no sense and I initially thought that was what was meant to be funny until I re-read it.

Reply 2707 of 27364, by Beegle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leileilol wrote:

i had to double take and make sure i didn't read "Rectal Insertion"
....🤣

Cannot unsee!

The more sound cards, the better.
AdLib documentary : Official Thread
Youtube Channel : The Sound Card Database

Reply 2708 of 27364, by Sutekh94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
HighTreason wrote:

I first read it as "Racial InterLAN" which made no sense and I initially thought that was what was meant to be funny until I re-read it.

So I'm not the only one who saw that way at first. 🤣 Actually, I thought that said "Racial Intertan" for a moment.

That one vintage computer enthusiast brony.
My YouTube | My DeviantArt

Reply 2709 of 27364, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Sutekh94 wrote:
HighTreason wrote:

So I'm not the only one who saw that way at first. 🤣 Actually, I thought that said "Racial Intertan" for a moment.

lmao! Oh well, I should start bringing all those boxes back to the attic soon, it's starting to look like a further progressed game of Sim City here 😵

Report spammers here!

Reply 2710 of 27364, by krivulak

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Goodbye, old non-branded color monitor. You was working for ten years non-stop, but it is time to move on.

Well, it is sad for me, but he is almost done. Every single coil was squealing like hell and if I tried to bang it with my hand, one stopped and another one started. And also it had problems with vertical lock, it had to warm up until it locked. And also, when I got too close to him, my hair started to stand up. Whatever, maybe somebody got him and took home, I know one guy who goes to this recycling center every two hours and he saves old stuff, so maybe.

Hey, me, stop crying!

IMG_20160117_180551_zpsyvcjfc2p.jpg

Reply 2711 of 27364, by Living

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
PhilsComputerLab wrote:

Ok so they do offer licence transfers, they even have an on-line form to do this. But that alone takes time, the free version might need a few more clicks, but otherwise it's hassle free. The graphics driver alone, I must have spent more than an hour on that one yesterday.

on windows xp and below use Everest / Aida to get the Hardware ID, then google it...

BTW, the AMD E300 is an APU so you should knew that the drivers are in the AMD site.

Reply 2712 of 27364, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Living wrote:

on windows xp and below use Everest / Aida to get the Hardware ID, then google it...

BTW, the AMD E300 is an APU so you should knew that the drivers are in the AMD site.

And how long is that going to take you? This is basically what this Driver Booster software does, it just does it for you.

Of course I checked the AMD website, come on 🤣 They only have a blurb about contacting the manufacturer of your notebook.

But hey, maybe I couldn't find it, sometimes they are good at hiding links. So if you find the Windows XP drivers for APU E-300 please post it here.

Last edited by PhilsComputerLab on 2016-01-17, 22:43. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2713 of 27364, by alexanrs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Finding anything that isn't current in AMDs site is weird. Intel and nVidia are much better in this regard. God, even getting stuff from PCChips' old site through the internet archive is easier.

Reply 2714 of 27364, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
alexanrs wrote:

Finding anything that isn't current in AMDs site is weird. Intel and nVidia are much better in this regard. God, even getting stuff from PCChips' old site through the internet archive is easier.

Well, Nvidia's driver archive is not that great IMO. At least I'm not having much luck. I'm working on my own, but it's tedious and manual work. With XP being unsupported this is just going to get worse I think.

Reply 2715 of 27364, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
PhilsComputerLab wrote:
alexanrs wrote:

Well, Nvidia's driver archive is not that great IMO. At least I'm not having much luck. I'm working on my own, but it's tedious and manual work. With XP being unsupported this is just going to get worse I think.

Wouldn't be it the way forward to have all the 'better' drivers uploaded to Vogonsdrivers, kinda like that falconfly driverpage? This would be very convenient 😀

Report spammers here!

Reply 2716 of 27364, by HighTreason

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Honesly feel like my FTP is a futile exorcise sometimes.

Just for the record, not trying to say shit on anyone here and I'm not going to shut it down. But it does amuse me how I predate Vogons Drivers by quite a margin, will mirror practically everything, have a more accessible system and yet ~95% of my traffic is attempted admin logins from China.

Probably doesn't help that FileWatcher have cold-shouldered me.

Reply 2717 of 27364, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The more sites host drivers, the better.

I do like a different layout though, with the drivers on one side and the release notes and supported cards on the other side. So I can quickly scan, or search, the release notes for something. This might not be something many need, but I do.

Reply 2718 of 27364, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
HighTreason wrote:

~95% of my traffic is attempted admin logins from China.

Same but from Russia.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 2719 of 27364, by fillosaurus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Does educating my step-daughter about the fine differences of METALS? (I am talking about music, ya'know 😉)
We get along very well, she turned 13 on 14th 😀). As an old metalhead, I am always glad to give advice and opinions to the younger generations.
Poor girl, this weekend I was in a caffeine craze and kept talking about GUS, external MIDI modules, +5, +12, -12v, VGA, DVI, my next project (a DIY 2in-1out 5.1 audio switcher).
Hmm... I think enough Farmerama for her... Need to show her some real games, but... She still too young for Jedi Academy or KoTOR.

Y2K box: AMD Athlon K75 (second generation slot A)@700, ASUS K7M motherboard, 256 MB SDRAM, ATI Radeon 7500+2xVoodoo2 in SLI, SB Live! 5.1, VIA USB 2.0 PCI card, 40 GB Seagate HDD.
WIP: external midi module based on NEC wavetable (Yamaha clone)