VOGONS

Common searches

Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 840 of 1908, by Blurredman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My AOE Gold edition was in pretty damn good conditon when I bought it alongside AvP Gold. Though I find it pretty much an imposibility to find any big boxes at all in the wild, let alone ones that aren't all tattered and torn, I don't think it just applies to Age of Empires more than most. Though perhaps it is used very readily at that period of time. It was an extremely re-playable game! 😊 When I bought my copy I didn't find issue in the fact that the one battle I was in spanned more than 9 hours. 🤣

As for AOE 2 it is far more enjoyable with the midi's from the demo integrated instead.

http://blurredmanswebsite.ddns.net/ 😊

Reply 841 of 1908, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Bought a couple games at a thrift store today.
Sim Safari (by Dice) and some EA Collection with Sim City 3000, Sim Isle, Sim Safari again and Sim Tower, but the Sim Safari and Sim City 3k CDs were missing, but I already have those so no matter 😀

And also bought Microsoft Office Professional, Designed for Windows 95! And even though it's technically not a game, I can still play around with it! 😁

None were the large cardboard boxes, but the MS Office even has the CoA green leaflet thingy including a product ID instead of Product Key! 😁

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 842 of 1908, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What a way to start 2016...

Got this beauty in the post today - a complete Diablo 2 Collector's Edition! As a huge Blizzard and Diablo fan, this is my Holy Grail, and I finally have it! 😊

For those who don't know about this release, it contains the usual Blizzard CE stuff - game discs, DVD, soundtrack, beautiful manual. But it's unique in that it also contains a Diablo-themed D&D tabletop game! All the dungeon sheets and whatnot are absolutely pristine, so if I ever play this it'll be with scanned/copied versions, naturally.

KdK8BTR.jpg

6hwzsvt.jpg

This also means my Diablo PC collection is now complete 🤣

rRz1G8w.jpg

Reply 843 of 1908, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wow, that's an awesome Diablo collection! Which is your favourite game? I bought Diablo 1 new back in the day, but not really played 2 much.
My last couple of pickups... have the CD versions of each of these, but not boxed. In the case of LoL I only had the GoG version.

OPpDXxsl.jpg
Ky9OhzGl.jpg

Reply 844 of 1908, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
bjt wrote:

Wow, that's an awesome Diablo collection! Which is your favourite game?

Thanks! Diablo 2 is my favourite for sure. The first one was ground-breaking, but the second one (with Lord of Destruction) was truly an amazing game. D3 had a lot to live up to and didn't quite achieve the lofty goals set by the community (some early design screw-ups didn't help, like the Real-Money Auction House), but since Reaper of Souls and a lot of updating and massaging from Blizzard, it's grown into a very good game.

Picking up this CE is making me want to play it again, bust out a Javazon build and go nuts. 😊

And nice pickups! Unfortunately my Indy is in nowhere near as good condition as yours!

Reply 845 of 1908, by sf78

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Got this for a very fair price (local listing). Excellent condition and everything included. Couldn't be happier. 😊

Attachments

• ecoboost.JPG
    Filename
    ecoboost.JPG
    File size
    281.65 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 847 of 1908, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

More new arrivals! Need a manual for Privateer but couldn't say no for the price.
EfMdCENl.jpg

Difficult to see in the picture but the previous owner left a postit with the cheat codes 😀
vNmB1yTl.jpg

Reply 849 of 1908, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Sorry for the lack of pics 😊 I might add a few later, but my old mobile won't take very good pics anyway.

I already mentioned my latest thrift store finds in the retro activity thread, but it kinda belongs here instead.

Tetrium wrote:
Thrift store finds! :D […]
Show full quote

Thrift store finds! 😁

At first it seemed hopeless, but in the end I had a basket full of games (16, but this included some spares). Got some expansion of Black vs White (Creature Island..no idea I never played that game. I already have the basic game) and 3 copies of Imperialism II (great turn-based game! 😁 Very nice atmosphere! Only drawback is that a single game may take weeks 🤣!), another copy of Perimeter, one more copy of Frogger(!!) couple copies of Theme Park Inc, some Asterix game, Pinball 2 (dunno but the screenshots sure looked good 🤣!), House of the Dead (never heard of it) and some game called "Mythical Warriors".
Except for Perimeter, these games are all older ones and will make a nice addition to my already nice games collection 😀

All games were those standard DVD boxes though, except for Frogger which came in just the jewel case but Frogger is not bad at all!

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 850 of 1908, by GoblinUpTheRoad

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Had a few lots of games come in this week, some interesting titles too.

01.jpg
Filename
01.jpg
File size
233.2 KiB
Views
File license
02.jpg
Filename
02.jpg
File size
219.53 KiB
Views
File license
03.jpg
Filename
03.jpg
File size
167.44 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 851 of 1908, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Awesome! Like that Lands of Lore box, is that the CD version? Cooler than the one I got a few weeks ago anyway.

More games on my end the last couple weeks too.I bought another bookcase yesterday 😀

Normally wouldn't keep Monopoly but it's a Westwood game so...o3A6R7bl.jpg

Another couple for my "Best of British" section.
EsWj4wXl.jpg

And some randoms too.
idzPlgCl.jpg?1
mdrgJjBl.jpgMore for my "Best of British"

Reply 852 of 1908, by GoblinUpTheRoad

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
bjt wrote:

Awesome! Like that Lands of Lore box, is that the CD version? Cooler than the one I got a few weeks ago anyway.

My Lands of Lore says it's the 3.5" floppy version, although the box came with the CDROM and the floppies inside 😁

bjt wrote:

More games on my end the last couple weeks too.

Nice. Curse of Monkey Island and the SC2000 Urban Renewal Kit are two I've been looking for for a while but still don't have.

Reply 853 of 1908, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That Monopoly game is actually quite good. I got my boxed copy of it in an eBay lot, didn't expect much, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Really wish I could get a copy of Hexen though! Great finds!

Reply 855 of 1908, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Great looking big box and a great game - too hard for me though as a kid. As with most of my games back then, I got it via the great floppy swappy at the back of the bus so of course no manual, and I always felt like I was missing some vital key combos. But I think it was just hard 😀

I was going through some of my big boxed games yesterday; opening them up, randomly reading manuals. I like having them around.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 856 of 1908, by vladstamate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Got those today. I am close to completing my SSI AD&D series, I have 8 games now. I also got Camelot: Quest for the Grail but that has not come yet.

TvAckGS.jpg

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7HbC_nq8t1S9l7qGYL0mTA
Collection: http://www.digiloguemuseum.com/index.html
Emulator: https://sites.google.com/site/capex86/
Raytracer: https://sites.google.com/site/opaqueraytracer/

Reply 857 of 1908, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Very nice! I got a copy of KQ5 today too, but it has a different box. Two bargains and one pricey game in this lot.
PNhyKmil.jpg

Last edited by bjt on 2016-02-04, 10:44. Edited 1 time in total.