Topic actions

First post, by Standard Def Steve

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

http://www.winbeta.org/news/watch-kids-react- … irst-time-video

🤣

94 MHz NEC VR4300 | SGI Reality CoPro | 8MB RDRAM | Each game gets its own SSD - nooice!

Reply 1 of 21, by 386_junkie

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

"How do you get on the internet if there's no wifi?" 🤣

"95... ... as in 19, 95!?" 🤣 🤣

All is not lost... they still do actually know what a floppy disk is!

Compaq Systempro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ Compaq Junkiepro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ ALR Powerpro; EISA Dual 386

EISA Graphic Cards ¦ EISA Graphic Card Benchmarks

Reply 4 of 21, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm not much older than these kids, being 22 years old, yet I remember using Windows 95 on my dad's Pentium box to play Myst and various edutainment games when I was 3-4 years old. Not too long after, when I was only 5, it became my personal rig when my dad upgraded to a shiny new Celeron 300. I definitely grew up in an interesting time, and I saw a lot of old technologies give way to new ones with my own eyes.

Anyway, these videos tend to make me cringe. 🤣 I'm a fan of "Elders React" though.

Reply 5 of 21, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ZellSF wrote:

Pretty sure "react to" videos are very fake in a lot of ways.

It's all about the editing and selection of "reactioneers" 😜

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 6 of 21, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Some are definitely acting up to the camera, but I do enjoy them 😀
Also don't mind the kind who gets him mum to try out old version.
https://www.youtube.com/user/OsFirstTimer

Reply 7 of 21, by RoyBatty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's crafted obviously to be clickbait. Ethernet is older than Windows95 and no you don't need a modem and phone line to connect to the internet, although that seemed to be the layman's way back then. We used shell accounts with PPP/SLIP connections over dialup rather than by the minute charging services like compuserve or AOL. When DSL became available intelligent users flocked to that. There was other silly stuff I noticed there, but it's obvious that they were doing it on purpose.

Reply 8 of 21, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah, I always thought all these teens react videos to be a bit unrealistic, it's a nice video but it obviously has a lot of forced reactions and artistic director's choices to catch viewer's clicks

"Gamer & collector for passion, I firmly believe in the preservation and the diffusion of old/rare software, against all personal egoisms"

Reply 11 of 21, by Arctic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah I guess it's hard to believe the first computers weren't tablets we found in space... 🤣

But when Windows 95 came out, all I had to connect to the internet was a Miro connect34 (IBM MWAVE DSP) at 33.6kbps
The animations alone (shockwave or gif) were enough to stall the loading of any website 😁

Reply 12 of 21, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Mostly overreacting and fake expressions. I mean....Windows 95 is not THAT primitive. Windows 10's return to Windows 95's GUI itself is obvious. I can agree to their reactions if they are talking about DOS.

Another YouTube viewers-hooking site.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 14 of 21, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I know some teens that are confused by old stuff, had one living with me and the wife for awhile her 18yr old neice. She saw me using Windows 98 in VMware and didn't really understand everything going on. She tried to use it to my amusement. She got the basics but as far as really using it or recovering it from an error she was stumped 🤣.

Reply 16 of 21, by Azarien

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Windows 95 isn't so different from Windows 7, and you can actually make Win7 look like 95 (more like 98 or Me). And Vista even more so. And XP even more so.
The reactions are fake or they chose the dumbest people they could find 😉

Reply 17 of 21, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
robertmo wrote:

@2:33 = future vintage computer collector? 😁

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 18 of 21, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

wow have U guy's seen this!!!

http://windows95tips.com

Window's 95 Tip's!!!!!! I rember this Computor System Rember in 1994 U were playing Sniper Aka Beta Of Sub Space On It Online? Do U Remember When Budy Holly Release His Music Video exclusive on Window's 95???
90's Best Decade and 3Dfx Voo Doo Most Underated Forever!!!
P's have you heard of Window's 95 The Beta

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 19 of 21, by Chewhacca

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leileilol wrote:
wow have U guy's seen this!!! […]
Show full quote

wow have U guy's seen this!!!

http://windows95tips.com

Window's 95 Tip's!!!!!! I rember this Computor System Rember in 1994 U were playing Sniper Aka Beta Of Sub Space On It Online? Do U Remember When Budy Holly Release His Music Video exclusive on Window's 95???
90's Best Decade and 3Dfx Voo Doo Most Underated Forever!!!
P's have you heard of Window's 95 The Beta

What are you taking and where can I get some?