VOGONS

First post, by fluent

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all!

First off, DOSBox rocks! I love it thus far.

I am having a bit of an issue with Albion. For some reason, I can't get the game to run. I have about 20 games running fine, but this one just doesn't want to cooperate!

Basically, when I launch the game after running setup.exe, I get an error that says:

**** Error log ****

Albion v1.38 (created on Jul 25 1996 12:39:09)
Executed on Mon Mar 14 17:59:26 2016

BBERROR: ERRORSTACK START:--------------
Xload: File does not exist.
(Name : Slab)
Albion: File access error.
(line 679 of file g:\albion\src\game.c)
BBERROR: ERRORSTACK END-----------------

Please read the README.TXT file to find out how to contact
the Blue Byte hotline.

I have tried a few different things. Moving to a folder on my tablet's sd card (internal and external), and nothing has seemed to help.

Any ideas of how I can get this game to work? Thanks!

- Fluent

Reply 1 of 4, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You say "tablet"? Does this mean that you are using a Droid device? Does it work on your PC?

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 2 of 4, by fluent

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
collector wrote:

You say "tablet"? Does this mean that you are using a Droid device? Does it work on your PC?

I'm on an Android tablet - the Nvidia Shield.

I'm not sure if it works on my PC. I haven't tried. My friend has tested it on his PC, same files, and they work fine. He's also tested it on an Nvidia Shield tablet. For some reason this is only happening to mine, hah!

Thanks for the response.

- Fluent

Reply 3 of 4, by Xelasarg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Are you using different Dosbox ports? Because some are more compatible than others.
And have you tried to use your friend's dosbox.conf file?

Anyway, I've tried the Albion demo in Magic Dosbox with all goodies enabled, including Fluidsynth, and it's working like a charm. Only issue is a bug in absolute mouse, which is a bit off. This can probably be fixed with the appropriate mouse settings, but elative mouse emulation is fine, so I didn't bother any further.

"What's a paladin?!"

Reply 4 of 4, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This forum is for the official build of DOSBox. For Android builds you need to ask the person who developed it.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers