VOGONS

First post, by zorach

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Given that the source is quite sparsely commented, I have two questions:

• When adding significant chunks of code for a patch, would it be preferred to maintain this sparseness or is a more literary style acceptable? I'm not going to submit patches that just go through and comment existing functionality, mind you...this is for new/substantially revised code.
  • Regardless of the answer to the first, would a "developers'/contributors'" section of the Wiki be appropriate? I'd be happy to write up stuff as I explore the code. Of course it'd be clearly labelled with both the version to which it applies and the usual "the source is the final word" disclaimers. If the authors want to look at it and make corrections that'd be great, of course, but I don't envision it as any sort of burden or obligation for them.

Reply 1 of 3, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE comment the hell out of your code! It'll make it easier (or in some cases simply possible) for others to understand the meaning behind your code, which can make it easier to make improvements or spot bugs.

I'd love to help with the development of DOSBox, but I really can't follow too well what's going on due to the lack of documentation of the source code. I'd have to spend a couple of weeks looking at the source, reading books on DOS, and taking notes on both.

Just my two cents.

Also, DOSBox is the coolest thing ever and if I were a girl I'd want to have QBix and Harekiet's babies 😉

EDIT: Fixed a misspelling

Last edited by HunterZ on 2004-12-21, 00:23. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 3, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
HunterZ wrote:

Also, DOSBox is the coolest thing ever and if I were a girl I'd want to have QBix and Harekiet's babies 😉

You aren't the first. and/or get in the line 😉
I think we have some first borns named after as well or so 😉

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!