VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think I've asked about this before. But for some of my games I'ld like to have a in DOS command to change the cycles. I could then via batch files just change the cycles on the fly.

@echo off
config set cycles=2400
stellar7
config restore cycles

See, then I could play stellar7 without having to keypress the cpu, or manually edit the config file each time. Note, with this I'd like to be able to restore the cycles back to the config default with another command.

Reply 2 of 5, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Right the hotkeys are fine for finding a speed, or testing speeds. But, I still think this would be a handy feature. I simply don't want to have to hit the hot keys every time I launch a game. Call me lazy. 😁

Reply 3 of 5, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You could just use a separate dosbox.conf with a different cycles setting for each game that you play. It has been discussed how to do this in other threads on this board I think.

Reply 4 of 5, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

See my other post about Quickmenu III. I use that to launch games inside of DOSbox. I don't want to have to create a icon with a -conf for each game/config. This should be a simple in DOSbox command to add. I know there are "other" ways to do this. This is a feature I think others besides myself will find useful in the future. I can work around it for now.

Reply 5 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

the change configuration at runtime is still a wish of mine and oneday it will be possible.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!