VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Mine is in our third car garage, which has now become clogged with every gadget and project I've ever embarked on.
I cleaned it today, so I took some pictures before so you can see what it looks like when I'm working on stuff (this is about medium mess, sometimes it gets VERY bad 🤣 )
Pictures:

IMG_0065 (Custom).JPG
Filename
IMG_0065 (Custom).JPG
File size
3.47 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
IMG_0067 (Custom).JPG
Filename
IMG_0067 (Custom).JPG
File size
3.07 MiB
Views
File license

There's a lot more computer parts than you see there, after cleaning I ended up with eight bins full of stuff.

Maybe this is a stupid topic idea but you never know 😉

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 1 of 10, by Sutekh94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, here's the mess that's currently my workshop:

D7hQKBwl.jpg
The bench where the workshop system, currently a socket 754 Athlon 64 system in a Compaq Evo case, resides. The boxes and containers you see below the table are where a lot of my newer parts rest.

8G037fal.jpg
And this is the main bench, currently hosting a K6-2 setup. Trust me, the mess is usually a LOT worse than this. And that thing you see hanging on the wall behind the monitor is a Chinese calendar from 2009, a gift to me from one of my cousins from when she taught English in China for a while.

That one vintage computer enthusiast brony.
My YouTube | My DeviantArt

Reply 3 of 10, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't have a dedicated workshop. I do some work in the basement (which is a catch-all junkyard for anything that doesn't belong in the main house) and some in our designated "office", which is really my son's PC room/sewing room. I get the end of the sewing table. 🤣.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 4 of 10, by ahendricks18

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I (my parents) have a finished basement and I do most work stuff down there. There's a phone line, carpet, furniture, etc. But it is quite a mess ATM, so I'm too embarrassed to post any pics 🙁

Main: AMD FX 6300 six core 3.5ghz (OC 4ghz)
16gb DDR3, Nvidia Geforce GT740 4gb Gfx card, running Win7 Ultimate x64
Linux: AMD Athlon 64 4000+, 1.5GB DDR, Nvidia Quadro FX1700 running Debian Jessie 8.4.0

Reply 5 of 10, by GoblinUpTheRoad

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I decided to take a pic of my workbench without doing any cleaning up as to show it in it's natural habitat.

workbench.jpg
Filename
workbench.jpg
File size
269.26 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 7 of 10, by brassicGamer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
GoblinUpTheRoad wrote:

I decided to take a pic of my workbench without doing any cleaning up as to show it in it's natural habitat.

Is that a homemade arcade joystick?

Check out my blog and YouTube channel for thoughts, articles, system profiles, and tips.

Reply 8 of 10, by GoblinUpTheRoad

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
brassicGamer wrote:

Is that a homemade arcade joystick?

I have a big arcade board collection, so I have the bench setup for arcade board testing and repairing with a rough set of controls, a power supply, JAMMA connector and the TV has been modified to accept a 15KHz CGA signal.

The Rubber Chicken is not as useful as the one in Monkey Island...

Reply 9 of 10, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some great workshops, I wish I had so much room! Being the UK though all tinkering happens in a shed with too much crap in it (old car exhaust in that big cardboard box that I'm trying to pass on to someone). My workbench is an old island unit that was in our kitchen when we moved in and was replaced with a table.

2nFDdRyl.jpg

Reply 10 of 10, by BloodyCactus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm in the midst of a wife ordered cleanup so it looks a mess. from left to right;

the 'table that accumlates stuff that must go', roland sound canvases on top of 3 fluke power supplies, dc load, gpsdo server, loads of mouser parts, behind is is lots of amiga parts, pinball parts, 3d printer, top is 1/2 of my IC supplies, i have two of those black storage bins. middle is my workstations + a old G5 with morphos on it, my test gear (good old hp logic analyzers, scopes, rubidium freq, psu, arb/awg etc), on top is arcade boards, more psu's, etc on the right is whisky stash, books, books, books, the pinball machines. cleared out of the way its lots of pinball parts, since I'm building a pinball machine from scratch. the gaps on all the shelves is from cleaning up. the goal is a clean work area 😜 and a happy wife!

Yblf8F0h.jpg

--/\-[ Stu : Bloody Cactus :: [ https://bloodycactus.com :: http://kråketær.com ]-/\--