What game are you playing now?

Topic actions

Reply 520 of 5944, by ElBrunzy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
JackOfOwls wrote:

And yes, both Doom and Doom 2 always leave me wanting for more. Time to load some custom maps I haven't played in years 😁 😎

Doom II is, in my not so humble opinion, the greatest game on any system that has ever existed. To this day, there has never been anything like the ArchVille (affectionately referred to as "archies" by the Doom community) in game design. I mean, a necromancer who's sole purpose is to make your existence miserable by resurrecting the baddies you just cleared out, one at a time. I still play those brilliant usermaps & megawads made by fans & modders for Doom & Doom II. Best. Game. Ever.

I just had a conversation with my friend about the new doom about to get out, he told me that the review where negatives. The problem is, I think Carmack is a brilliant coder, but the real success behind doom is more about Romero.

Reply 521 of 5944, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Romero alone tends to go out of control a la Daikatana. Carmack is very technical and not so much of a creative source. Together they struck a great balance.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 522 of 5944, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Some decent Gold games on the XBox360 lately. Playing Dead Space at the moment, great game.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 525 of 5944, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

On Saturday I bought Dark Souls 3 for the PS4. It's very challenging, but I think I ca...

YOU DIED

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 526 of 5944, by rgart

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

^^ as above

Not so much playing but more constantly dieing .. Dark Souls 3. Very challenging and unforgiving but a very smooth and polished game.

=My Cyrix 5x86 systems : 120MHz vs 133MHz=. =My 486DX2-66MHz=

Reply 527 of 5944, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Got about halfway through level 8 on System Shock. In the home stretch! I hope to finish it before the weekend is over.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 528 of 5944, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Finished System Shock Fri eve, gave Savage Empire a go for an hour or so and could not get into it. Honestly, the graphics and interface were a bit too simple, despite my efforts to want to like it. Inventory management, in particular was a chore. That probably means I'll have similar reactions to Ultima 6 and Martian Dreams, two other games I've been wanting to play. 🙁 So I gave Ultima Underworld a whirl and was sucked in immediately. Guess I'll be playing it for the next couple of months!

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 529 of 5944, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've taken a break from a long spell of The Witcher 3 and have picked up Fallout 4 again, after starting it on release before becoming distracted.

I think I've been spoiled by TW3 because as well made as Fallout 4 is and as much as I enjoy the setting, I'm coming away from a play session feeling empty inside. The mechanics are really well implemented and there's heaps to do, but it's mostly humorless, almost totally soulless, and for the life of me I can't seem to remember what the hell I'm supposed to be doing. TW3 on the other hand is so well crafted that I have no trouble remembering the storyline or the characters I've met along the way, and indeed the story / quests / world are all so cleverly interwoven that I think CD Projekt Red have finally succeeded in creating the "interactive movie" we were promised back when CD-ROMs were new.

Anyway, I needed a fix of 'open world with guns' and FO4 does that well, so I'll enjoy it for what it is - DOOM with bigger maps. But I'm really looking forward to CD Projekt Red's Cyberpunk project - TW3 with guns would be a force to reckon with.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 530 of 5944, by autoexecdotbat

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

playing psico strike. it's an audio stratagy/platformer hybrid game where you are a gang leder blowing the shitballs out of everyone.

to win the game you must defeat coppa!
http://chng.it/DNc2L8LvLJ

Reply 532 of 5944, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The RPG mod for Starsiege: Tribes

I haven't touched this in years, and even though phantom's server is customized, alot of the standard zones still remain in the place I remember their locations by.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 533 of 5944, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Skalabala wrote:

Hey guys 😀

I am having a problem with my AMD K6 and need for speed hot pursuit 2 🙁
The game does not load 🙁 Does the game need SSE?

Why u post that here? Start a thread.

Reply 534 of 5944, by Sutekh94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Played a little TZAR: The Burden of the Crown, an old childhood favorite of mine, on one of my absolute favorite vintage laptops, an IBM ThinkPad 600X. Not the most polished RTS game, even at the time it was released (2000, which was a year after AoE II came out), but still pretty solid, in my opinion.

That one vintage computer enthusiast brony.
My YouTube | My DeviantArt

Reply 535 of 5944, by Splinter

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just Cause 3 with the rocket pack for the wingsuit.
The most fun I've had in years!

http://www.compufixshop.com
Main rig Ryzen 2600X Strix RX580 32GB RAM
Secondary rig FX8350 GTX960 16GB RAM

Reply 536 of 5944, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Splinter wrote:

Just Cause 3 with the rocket pack for the wingsuit.
The most fun I've had in years!

Big Just Cause fan here but I haven't tried 3 yet - I seem to remember reading a review that said "stick with number 2", but I'll keep an eye on the bargain bin all the same.

Reply 538 of 5944, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Uncharted 4. Amazing game, loving every second! A game that really makes the PS4 worthwhile.

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube