VOGONS

Common searches

DOSBox Wish List

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 20 of 32, by COOLMAN

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

identifying language or let user set languages so dosbox can correctly display languages such as japanese and chinese normally with out emty spaces in the sentences.

just a suggestion, if it's impossible, then forget about it. i learn programming language such as java, so i don't know mych about cvs, so if anyopne would like to teach me something about it. i would like to help develope such functions.

once again, thx for the hard work, you guys made playing dos game in windows 2000 become possible,not like blufing microsoft...

good people good works

Reply 21 of 32, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
COOLMAN wrote:

identifying language or let user set languages so dosbox can correctly display languages such as japanese and chinese normally with out emty spaces in the sentences.
just a suggestion, if it's impossible, then forget about it. i learn programming language such as java, so i don't know mych about cvs, so if anyopne would like to teach me something about it. i would like to help develope such functions.

CVS is not a programming language, just a storage system for source files. DOSBOX is programmed in C++.
You can write your own code, submit it as a patch on sourceforge and if developers think it is good, they will include it in a future version of DOSBOX.
As for Chinese/Japanese - I do not think that anybody from developers has any real experience with them. So do not expect much in this area. Of course anybody is free to submit a patch (as mentioned above).

Mirek

Reply 22 of 32, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Is there someone who is familiar with the guts of DOSBox that would be willing to, say, add to the Wiki ( http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?page=DOSBoxWiki ) some kind of intro/guide to the DOSBox source code? I tried digging around in the source but couldn't make heads or tails of it. I'm sure I could start to figure it out on my own eventually, but I don't think I'd be willing to invest the time (especially considering it's what I already do all day for a living).

Reply 24 of 32, by jal

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Anonymous wrote:

i thought the adlib emulation was taken from MAME? are you sure its playing too soft??

Didn't see this until now, but since it probably refers to my statement about the AdLib playing some channels/instruments to soft, I'll answer.

1) Yes, the AdLib-emulation is taken from Mame, although I didn't check it myself, I trust the authors on this.
2) Yes, some channels are playing too soft. A good example is the AdLib music from Rick Dangerous 2. The intromusic from level 1 has a bassline that is practically unhearable using DOSbox.

JAL

Reply 25 of 32, by Guest

User metadata

Sorry for asking such stupid questions, but would it be possible to make the dosbox run on a PDA with Pocket Windows 2003? I know that with the .net Environment it is possible to get Windows apps running on a PDA, when they are compiled with that.

I'm asking because nowadays the PDAs are getting faster and the display resolution is also up to 640x480.

It would just be nice to let UFO run on my PDA 😀

Reply 26 of 32, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
Anonymous wrote:

Sorry for asking such stupid questions, but would it be possible to make the dosbox run on a PDA with Pocket Windows 2003? 😀

There is an unofficial port (not made by DOSBOX developers) for Pocket PC. Search here or on Internet.

Mirek

Reply 27 of 32, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Wishes:

* ability to unmount ISOs mounted with imgmount.
* command to force exit DOSbox from inside a batch file. i.e. like a shutdown command.
* integrate mt32 emulation like ScummVM (candacow)
* autograb mouse focus on dosbox launch. right now need to click the window. very minor
* icon for dosbox in X and Win32. On the window as well as using for a shortcut.
* drag resize when in window mode. Using hwscale in ddraw or opengl mores.

Reply 29 of 32, by icemann

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Seems like a very much required feature overall (cpu cycles matching). Especially for those who are new to the emulator. Would also be good to able to run the emulator and not have to spend 2-5 mins per game having to work out the best cpu cycles for it.

Two stones, two crosses, the rest is just icing. - 7th Guest

Reply 30 of 32, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

icemann: Well, except that you wouldn't necessarily want it enabled by default because some games would go way too fast or they'd speed up and slow down as the cycles change, and if people don't take the time to read how to adjust cycles manually then they're going to be just as confused by the cycles changing themselves automatically.

Reply 31 of 32, by Pumpkin

User metadata

I'd like to see a scanline display scaler. That is, something like the tv2x, but with black lines in between, instead of altered brightness. It seems that something like that would be less demanding, and, based on what I have seen of it used in other emulators such as Steem and UAE, would look cleaner than any attempt to blur or distort the image to suit the sharper display.

It's really something I have often wished that IBM's engineers had thought of when they developed VGA in the first place. 320x200 and 320x240 screens always looked to me like brick walls.

The only other things I might want are ones that are already fairly obvious. Windows 3.1 support. Speed. Compatibility. You're probably all quite tired of reading those words right now. Apologies.