Topic actions

Reply 540 of 5928, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
PeterLI wrote:

Played a game of AOE2HD yesterday: put my ELO > 2100 again. 😀

I had to look up that acronym. My mind kept saying Aces over Europe 2 HD. 🤣. Now I know it's Age of Empires. 😉

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 541 of 5928, by vladstamate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Started playing Uncharted 4. I think the game is very polished and like usual it has a good balance between action and story.

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7HbC_nq8t1S9l7qGYL0mTA
Collection: http://www.digiloguemuseum.com/index.html
Emulator: https://sites.google.com/site/capex86/
Raytracer: https://sites.google.com/site/opaqueraytracer/

Reply 542 of 5928, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Playing through the Road to Gehenna expansion for The Talos Principle. I love this game to pieces.

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 544 of 5928, by Tiger433

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Gothic, and this time I joined Brotherhood of Sleeper at Swamp, now I`m Templar there.

W7 "retro" PC: ASUS P8H77-V, Intel i3 3240, 8 GB DDR3 1333, HD6850, 2 x 500 GB HDD
Retro 98SE PC: MSI MS-6511, AMD Athlon XP 2000+, 512 MB RAM, ATI Rage 128, 80GB HDD
My Youtube channel

Reply 547 of 5928, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ultima Underworld 1, Tie Fighter Collector's CD, Wing Commander IV, and Far Cry. Played close to an hour on each one yesterday.

Reply 548 of 5928, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition. I know it has bugs that aren't present in the original DOS version, but I'm still enjoying it.

Lucky you can at all, seeing as it's not available anymore (and likely won't be ever again).

My Github

Reply 549 of 5928, by Splinter

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The new DOOM and loving it.
I remember watching the E3 presentation last year and thinking 'I hope it's going to be that good!' and it is.
The game looks fantastic and is a shooter in the old school style with no irritating cutscenes, just shoot, jump, kill.
I've written a review which should be published shortly with a game giveaway competition.

http://www.compufixshop.com
Main rig Ryzen 2600X Strix RX580 32GB RAM
Secondary rig FX8350 GTX960 16GB RAM

Reply 550 of 5928, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Splinter wrote:
The new DOOM and loving it. I remember watching the E3 presentation last year and thinking 'I hope it's going to be that good!' […]
Show full quote

The new DOOM and loving it.
I remember watching the E3 presentation last year and thinking 'I hope it's going to be that good!' and it is.
The game looks fantastic and is a shooter in the old school style with no irritating cutscenes, just shoot, jump, kill.
I've written a review which should be published shortly with a game giveaway competition.

I'm glad to hear this, I've been in the market for a modern old school shooter for a while now. Will probs still wait for the bargain bin version but am looking forward to it!

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 551 of 5928, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ended playing X-COM: UFO Defense for a couple of hours this evening (it took that long to relearn how to play). It started innocently enough: I set out to test it for speed sensitivity as it is on this list: http://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/List_of_C … sensitive_games

Playing it on a Pentium Overdrive 200MMX, I noticed no speed issues that couldn't be resolved with the in-game adjustments. Pretty steep learning curve on this game, even though I used to play it a lot when I bought it new.

Reply 553 of 5928, by Tiger433

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Now I playing Sacred Underworld where I chosen Gladiator.

W7 "retro" PC: ASUS P8H77-V, Intel i3 3240, 8 GB DDR3 1333, HD6850, 2 x 500 GB HDD
Retro 98SE PC: MSI MS-6511, AMD Athlon XP 2000+, 512 MB RAM, ATI Rage 128, 80GB HDD
My Youtube channel

Reply 554 of 5928, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MusicallyInspired wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition. I know it has bugs that aren't present in the original DOS version, but I'm still enjoying it.

Lucky you can at all, seeing as it's not available anymore (and likely won't be ever again).

I heard there were some licensing issues with it, and that it may come back to Steam eventually, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it. IIRC I got it alongside Shadow Warrior Classic Redux.

Reply 555 of 5928, by psychz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Futuremark's Shattered Horizon!

Stojke wrote:

Its not like components found in trash after 20 years in rain dont still work flawlessly.

:: chemical reaction :: athens in love || reality is absent || spectrality || meteoron || the lie you believe

Reply 556 of 5928, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
MusicallyInspired wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

I heard there were some licensing issues with it, and that it may come back to Steam eventually, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it. IIRC I got it alongside Shadow Warrior Classic Redux.

I don't doubt Gearbox will bring back Duke3D in some form, but I seriously doubt we'll ever see Megaton again.

My Github

Reply 557 of 5928, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Have not felt like digging into the retro archives lately.

So, been playing Overwatch and having a grand time of it.

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube

Reply 558 of 5928, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I bought a boxed PS1 recently that turned out to have a dodgy motherboard. After some failed attempts to fix it I ended up replacing the board, and during the course of my testing I accidentally became re-addicted to a cricket game I used to play back in my Uni days – “Shane Warne Cricket 99” (known as Brian Lara Cricket 99 in the rest of the world).

I dare say that understanding cricket is a prerequisite to enjoying this one but perhaps not – it’s one of those games that hits the nail on the head with regard to ease of play vs challenge and reward. The controls are intuitive, the commentary is natural (they hired professional commentators) and actually relates to what’s happening in the game, and the sights and sounds manage to evoke the feeling of the real thing. It reminds me of Links 386 – another deceptively simple sports game that never cheats you with an unfair challenge or unrealistic physics.

It is of course an old game now so the players are all long since retired, but that works for me because I’ve long since lost interest in cricket and wouldn’t know any current players anyway. My only issue with the game is that – like the real thing – it takes time to complete even the shortest of matches, so I don’t get anywhere in my ~60 mins of daily free time. Luckily you can save your progress as you go 😀

P1020276_zpswam1klhl.jpg

Life? Don't talk to me about life.