Common searches

What game are you playing now?

Topic actions

Reply 580 of 5931, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah, HL2 was incredible. Graphics even today are stunning.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 581 of 5931, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just attempted to play Battlefield: 1942 on a 2002 Compaq Laptop. It exceeds the minimum specs, but the slow 60gb Toshiba IDE drive kills performance and the CPU has to over work. Also I just remembered I need to force the cpu fan to always on in the bios so that it does not throttle. Oops!

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 582 of 5931, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Whizzed through Doom Episode 1 on Easy. 😀 For my lack of skill, Easy is perfect. 🤣.

Is there any way to beat that final section on Level 8, after beating the Barons of Hell? That small dark room with all the monsters. It seems impossible to kill them all before dying, and once you die it goes immediately to the endgame text.

Reply 583 of 5931, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I bought FarCry 4 in a fit of consumerism when I noticed a 50% off sale on Steam. I’ve played and enjoyed all the FarCrys – even no. 2 – and am going through a gaming slump at the moment, so thought this might jolt me out of it.

I’m still in the early stages but it seems to be just another refinement of the FarCry formula so far, which of course is OK by me. I thought no. 3 did the open world thing perfectly – heaps to do and varied enough that it held my attention for many happy hours. The actual storyline and voice acting though was reprehensible – “thumb ring wearing / extreme sports loving brat saves noble savages from charismatic local war lord by being intrinsically awesome (i.e. American)”. My repulsion was such that I never did finish it.

No. 4 is shaping up along the same lines but seems to be a little more nuanced – time will tell. If all I get out of it is 10 hours of open world action then I’ll be happy – the graphics are stunning and the various mechanics (shooting, climbing, stealth, throwing chunks of meat harvested from dead animals into crowds of baddies to attract predators who will eat the baddies) are all beautifully implemented.

And yes this is a uPlay game, but it’s not as bad as it used to be. It integrates with Steam more seamlessly now and can be instructed to not do all that online / cloud crap to a certain extent.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 584 of 5931, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Working my way through Atroxian Realm (on Medium mode - I don't have nearly enough skill for Hard 🤣). One of the best, and also one of the most challenging, imo, Galaxy-based games out there. Loving it so far 😀 My only beef is the lack of a Gravis Gamepad option; if I want a joystick I have to use the keyboard to fire 😐

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 585 of 5931, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
clueless1 wrote:

Is there any way to beat that final section on Level 8, after beating the Barons of Hell? That small dark room with all the monsters. It seems impossible to kill them all before dying, and once you die it goes immediately to the endgame text.

I believe it's timed, so even if you survive you get the endgame text.

Reply 586 of 5931, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes it's a scripted sequence, which also has the side effect of making an excuse why your inventory vanishes between episodes.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 587 of 5931, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've had Limbo for years and I'm still stuck on one part with an elevator...so confused.

I'm playing through Black Mesa right now.

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 588 of 5931, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

DOOM (2016)

It is amazing how they managed to capture the fast frantic gameplay of the original while expanding on it. Well done!

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube

Reply 589 of 5931, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I was playing Tyrian 2000 trying to get the Zica Laser at full power level.

Stopped after beating Episode 5 and having it restart to 1.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 591 of 5931, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Had a little 2 hr Wing Commander 4 marathon this afternoon. Got through 9 missions, leaving me 8 more before finishing the game. 😀

Reply 592 of 5931, by Oldskoolmaniac

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Playing Deus Ex on Glide (real glide)

Motherboard Reviews The Motherboard Thread
Plastic parts looking nasty and yellow try this Deyellowing Plastic

Reply 593 of 5931, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Oldskoolmaniac wrote:

Playing Deus Ex on Glide (real glide)

How's your frame rate? I've tried both a Geforce2 Ultra and a Voodoo3 with my PIII 1GHz machine and neither are as smooth as I expected. Quite playable of course, but I did wonder what it would take to smooth it out.

Reply 594 of 5931, by Oldskoolmaniac

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

My rig that im running it on is my Gateway 800 900MHz slot Athlon 768MB of RAM, 120GB HDD, voodoo3 2000 16MB, the game is set to 800x600 resolution everything else on high. It runs really smooth,but that weird that its not so smooth on yours though.

Motherboard Reviews The Motherboard Thread
Plastic parts looking nasty and yellow try this Deyellowing Plastic

Reply 595 of 5931, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Been playing Deus Ex here too. Athlon 1.2Ghz, Voodoo3 2000.
It's smooth everywhere but not on the jetty at the very start. Strange how they start the game with a really demanding level.

Reply 596 of 5931, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Over halfway through level 6 on Ultima Underworld I. Enjoying this game. Very low stress, mostly exploring and talking, running a few errands, combat is pretty easy. Great to play with headphones in the dark. 😉

Reply 597 of 5931, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I upgraded my NES recently with this set below and have been having a blast with Super Mario Bros - such an addictive game! It's taking me a while to get my skills back but I'm amazed at how many secrets I remember - I wish the location of my real world objects were so memorable 😀 There's just no filler in any of the levels; every NPC and block has been thoughtfully placed.

P1020389_zpss4lg9vy1.jpg

P1020395_zpsccvly93x.jpg

P1020380_zpsmnbrhejm.jpg

P1020375_zpszeshqr23.jpg

Reply 598 of 5931, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
badmojo wrote:

I upgraded my NES recently...

That is a very nice and clean looking NES and box. Impressive!

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube

Reply 599 of 5931, by psychz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

30a5b9w.jpg
😊

Stojke wrote:

Its not like components found in trash after 20 years in rain dont still work flawlessly.

:: chemical reaction :: athens in love || reality is absent || spectrality || meteoron || the lie you believe