VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Nowhere Girl

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I use D-Fend Reloaded as my frontend for running games. I made a few typos when first creating profiles for games, for example "Holiday lemmings 1994" and "Lte's Explore the Jungle" (displayed in folder name as "Ltes" because folder names omit punctuation and such things), and wanted to correct them. The titles in the game list are now OK, but the capture subfolders in the D-Fend Reloaded folder aren't - they still have the typos I first made. I had no problem with the first one - the program must have decided that there's no difference between "Holiday lemmings" and "Holiday Lemmings". But in case of "Let's Explore the Jungle" (run through Scumm VM) screenshots immediately stopped being displayed and came back when I changed folder name back to the wrong form. How can I change folder names to typo-free forms and have my screenshots displayed? In other words: how can I show a profile its capture folder? Am I sentenced to forever having the wrong folder name if I made a typo when first creating it?

Reply 1 of 1, by Baldy-Aussie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Nowhere Girl, By now, you may have spotted that the Folder Names are recorded in the .prof files held in ....\D-Fend Reloaded\Confs\ and ALL references would need to be altered to suit the new folder names. Possibly the easiest and most efficient way to deal with the problem is to Save (Copy) your Screenshots, UnInstall the Game(s), close then restart DFR, re-Install the Game(s), close DFR, restore your old Screenshots into the new (Correctly named) captures Folder, open DFR & away you go.