VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

https://imgur.com/a/TwY6q

Pictures with descriptions of each picture on the history of Chernobyl from the book "Chernobyl 01:23:40"

You may want to skip past the radiation exposure pictures.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 1 of 7, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This was very chilling. Chernobyl and Pripyat are very fascinating subjects and thanks to this album I have the greatest respect to all the people that worked endlessly to cover it all up.

And yeah, the radiation exposure pictures were absolutely unnerving accompanied with the accounts in the text.

Reply 3 of 7, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I remember reading about the "Elephant's Foot" and the albums mention of that radioactive lava reminded me of that. Pretty horrifying stuff.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 4 of 7, by Reckless

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I recall the incident quite well and the article/book serves as a chilling reminder of how things can go so very wrong.

Some years back I came across a photographic equipment site (Canon IIRC) where a user had gone to photograph how the city was "now". The images were good but the scenes quite difficult to digest.

Reply 5 of 7, by sf78

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Such a cool place, I'd like to visit there soon. Last time me and my friend were in Ukraine we didn't have time to do it, but one day for sure. On the other hand, I'd recommend Ukraine to anyone interested in cheap food, booze and Soviet era architecture. The whole country is just an insane experience from a western point of view. 😊

Reply 6 of 7, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've read/saw the whole page. Impressive. Those pics DosFreak suggested to skip, not a pretty way to end your life.
It's very well written.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 7 of 7, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So sad 🙁

I remember when the news broke and my mom said not to play outside after the rain... and I still remember we had "nuclear" preparation exercises in the kindergarten... as our home was around 3km from the nuclear power plant (it's based on US technology).

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs