VOGONS

Sound Blaster Live! DOS Drivers

Topic actions

Reply 80 of 83, by maw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

NOEMS sorry

BOX#1: ASUS P5A | Pentium1 200 | 64MB PC100 | Voodoo3 AGP | AWE64 GOLD + SIMMConn| 16GB Kingspec DOM | DVD Drive | Dos 6.22 + Win98

Reply 81 of 83, by dondiego

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm trying the livedos.zip package with a SB0220 and i'm only getting sfx in doom but no music. I get full sound in wolf3d. My settings are A220 I7 D1 H5 P330 and i've added the file 2mg4.ecw.
EDIT: fixed, midi volume was set to zero in mixer. But music worked in wolf3d and was wavetable. If i select sound blaster in doom i get slow music with the opl emulation and heavily distorted sound, this is a 2 ghz pentium 4 and the mobo has a via p4x266 chipset.

LZDoom, ZDoom32, ZDoom LE
RUDE (Doom)
Romero's Heresy II (Heretic)

Reply 83 of 83, by CCLGamer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The livedos.zip package is great. I used it back in 2004 to make Audigy 2 work in DOS only mode. I am still using it today. Just make sure to edit liveinit.bat to include executing Audigy12.exe.

Creative could easily have let the Audigy 2 officially support DOS only mode without making any hardware changes.

I have the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro with external box with MIDI synthesizer. Yes, it plays full MIDI in DOS only mode.