VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So it just dawned on me, while im waiting on some archives to unpack on Windows Me I decided to play Spider Solitare, because you know its gonna take an hour and it never dawned on me oh yea go switch to your main rig and do stuff, i just sat there for the last 40 minutes playing a built in game for when your bored. Anyone ever do that instead of going to another system just play solitaire while you wait?

Last edited by Qbix on 2017-01-03, 08:58. Edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title change

Reply 1 of 20, by Scali

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

No, I go to my main rig.
and play Solitaire there

Solitaire.png
Filename
Solitaire.png
File size
1.69 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

http://scalibq.wordpress.com/just-keeping-it- … ro-programming/

Reply 2 of 20, by ratfink

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I either just stare at the screen when installation is going on, or go and do something in the real world instead.

I stopped playing solitaire once they made it on-line with adverts and rankings and achievements or whatever it was they did - I forget, the insane rage that followed that discovery fogged my memories somewhat.

Incidentally similar game enhancements - combined with in-game purchases and a variety of other immersion-breaking twaddle - also cured me of WoW addiction. This saved me money and helped me get my life in order, so I'M NOT COMPLAINING. Just sayin'.

Reply 3 of 20, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Years ago I ran a CNC at work that was built on Win95 platform and with parts that had long cycle times, I could get a game of Solitaire, Hearts or a few games of Minesweeper in between cycles. 😉

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 4 of 20, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'd just go do other stuff, but usually stay near just in case anything goes wrong (maybe sorting or cleaning stuff, do chores). Even starting work on another rig while another is busy with setup or benching or so.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 5 of 20, by Oldskoolmaniac

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

In spider solitaire have you ever started the game and sent all the cards out and then try to play it, that's a real challenge. Ive won once and yea I usually play the built in MS games while waiting.

Motherboard Reviews The Motherboard Thread
Plastic parts looking nasty and yellow try this Deyellowing Plastic

Reply 10 of 20, by Tiger433

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

When I wait for something like download I play from time to time Spider Solitaire or sometime Diablo II in window.

W7 "retro" PC: ASUS P8H77-V, Intel i3 3240, 8 GB DDR3 1333, HD6850, 2 x 500 GB HDD
Retro 98SE PC: MSI MS-6511, AMD Athlon XP 2000+, 512 MB RAM, ATI Rage 128, 80GB HDD
My Youtube channel

Reply 11 of 20, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Back before I had more then 1 PC I would mostly go do something else, but sometimes fire up Skifree or maybe Tetris (this was back in Win3.x days )
Now I usually have 2 PC's on the go anyway

Reply 12 of 20, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I ....uh.... visit websites.... like now.... browsing Vogons and typing something.... while the re-downloaded Gamersgate version of F.E.A.R. is being installed....

EDIT : What was the original title?

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 13 of 20, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Malik wrote:

I ....uh.... visit websites.... like now.... browsing Vogons and typing something.... while the re-downloaded Gamersgate version of F.E.A.R. is being installed....

"Do you ever" or something along those lines.

Report spammers here!

Reply 15 of 20, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
Tetrium wrote:
Malik wrote:

And now my joke makes no since 😵

And to answer the question, no I do not. I go do something else.

Reply 17 of 20, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Lol, I liked my original title, it was meant more as to while you wait do you do something to waste time on the machine your waiting for the task to finish instead of on another system

Reply 18 of 20, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jade Falcon wrote:
Tetrium wrote:
Malik wrote:

And now my joke makes no since 😵

And to answer the question, no I do not. I go do something else.

It did to me 🤣, saw the original title 😜

Report spammers here!

Reply 19 of 20, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
candle_86 wrote:

Lol, I liked my original title, it was meant more as to while you wait do you do something to waste time on the machine your waiting for the task to finish instead of on another system

To me it's not the title that is the real issue here, but all of these fantastic titles on (for instance) news sites which have a title that LURES and SEDUCES just so you click it...only to find out the rest of the article was written by an idiot 🤣

No offense intended to you candle, I don't think your writings are that of an idiot 😉

Last edited by Tetrium on 2017-01-04, 14:47. Edited 1 time in total.

Report spammers here!