VOGONS

First post, by popeyewinter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

As you can see in my other post here: Re: Tracking Down My Motherboard. , it seems I've got my turbo button working and everything wired correctly now. However, I am missing the LED panel which should or at least looks like it should go right behind the plastic screen on my case.

My case says "PINE PC" on the front and has a logo of three evergreens, the left one tiny, the middle one large, and the right one medium. The power supply also says "PINCE PC" on it.

Whenever I google "PINE PC" I don't get any computer stuff at all, instead I get wood, lumber etc desks,....

I am wondering where can I find proper turbo led panels to buy for this?

it seems this would be appropriate for my case: 183.jpg

182.jpg

Reply 1 of 8, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Can you post a pic of what the back side of yours looks like?

I am guessing that there were two different models. One with just the lights, which you have, and one with the LED display as well.

If your has all those little jumpers in the back, then you do have the LED display.

The thing about the turbo buttons displays is that the numbers displayed are manually configured by the jumpers, so you could put absolutely anything you wanted on there.

Here is one that should fit. Not sure what the color is. Could be either Green or Red

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Digit-5V-LED-Digita … 2AAAOSwnHZYfuU9

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 2 of 8, by popeyewinter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
cyclone3d wrote:
Can you post a pic of what the back side of yours looks like? […]
Show full quote

Can you post a pic of what the back side of yours looks like?

I am guessing that there were two different models. One with just the lights, which you have, and one with the LED display as well.

If your has all those little jumpers in the back, then you do have the LED display.

The thing about the turbo buttons displays is that the numbers displayed are manually configured by the jumpers, so you could put absolutely anything you wanted on there.

Here is one that should fit. Not sure what the color is. Could be either Green or Red

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Digit-5V-LED-Digita … 2AAAOSwnHZYfuU9

Here's a pick of the back of where it should be, as I said before, it seems like the entire LED panel is missing:

17992006_10209281790345958_9017794119496004094_n.jpg?oh=97d798c30399f6fefca09e9978f4b925&oe=5988C501

Reply 3 of 8, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

ok, I would probably just get one of those ones off of eBay then.

It should be the correct size and has the instructions on how to set it up.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 4 of 8, by popeyewinter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
cyclone3d wrote:

ok, I would probably just get one of those ones off of eBay then.

It should be the correct size and has the instructions on how to set it up.

just one question, my AMD486DX2 is 80mhz, so I only need a 2 digit display, will having a 3 digit display hurt anything though?

Reply 5 of 8, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nope, won't hurt a thing. You will just have an extra digit you can configure if you ever need to go above 99.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 6 of 8, by popeyewinter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It is with great sadness that I must announce the death of my Turbo button, while working on it, the button itself got stuck, and I cannot seem to get it properly unstuck.

While testing I didn't see any smoke coming or anything when I was pushing it previous to it getting stuck, but none the less, I have disconnected the "Turbo SW" wire and only left the "Turbo LED" wire connected to light up that small circle beside where it says "turbo".

R.I.P Turbo Button.

P.S: I guess "R.I.P Turbo Button" is better than "R.I.P Motherboard"...

Reply 7 of 8, by Nipedley

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sometimes the actuator can get stuck inside the switch. I'd take the front of the case off so you've got direct access to it and see if I couldn't pull the actuator back out unsticking it. If it's definitely dead then it won't hurt anything.

By the way those switches act like jumpers as far as the motherboard is concerned, it's just a couple of contacts that are either connected and therefore 'on' or disconnected and 'off'. There's nothing in them to smoke. You can probably grab a small latching switch as a replacement off ebay if you can deal with connecting the wires

Reply 8 of 8, by popeyewinter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Nipedley wrote:

Sometimes the actuator can get stuck inside the switch. I'd take the front of the case off so you've got direct access to it and see if I couldn't pull the actuator back out unsticking it. If it's definitely dead then it won't hurt anything.

By the way those switches act like jumpers as far as the motherboard is concerned, it's just a couple of contacts that are either connected and therefore 'on' or disconnected and 'off'. There's nothing in them to smoke. You can probably grab a small latching switch as a replacement off ebay if you can deal with connecting the wires

I did get a little smoke when it was plugged into another spot, thankfully nothing was damaged.