Common searches

What game are you playing now?

Topic actions

Reply 800 of 5934, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm still playing The Witness and recording it for youtube. Loving this game so much. So many layers and so much to discover and accomplish. Made some exciting discoveries recently and I can't wait to retrace my steps and get everything I missed!

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 801 of 5934, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
MusicallyInspired wrote:

I'm still playing The Witness and recording it for youtube. Loving this game so much. So many layers and so much to discover and accomplish. Made some exciting discoveries recently and I can't wait to retrace my steps and get everything I missed!

I take it you don't mean this version?

edit: now that I finished Eric the Unready, I'm going to try my hand at Eye of the Beholder. I love this type of game, but I want to see if it's too old school for me or not. I've got the clue book (included with my GOG purchase) but playing in real DOS on my 486. No music during gameplay is a bit troublesome, but maybe I'll get hooked by the combat. I modified my party to boost up their starting stats. 😉 Male Human Paladin, Male Dwarf Fighter, Female Half-Elf Cleric, and Female Elf Mage.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 802 of 5934, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Started Eye of the Beholder 1 last night, and playing it a bit early this morning before the rest of the family wakes up. 😀 This is the oldest (1991) RPG I've played since starting up with my retro PCs a couple of years ago. I had worries that it might be too old (as in archaic) for me (no auto-mapping, very basic sound effects, no in-game music). But after about a solid hour of gameplay, I have hopes it will keep my interest! I did discover The All-Seeing Eye which is very tempting to try, but then it would mean not playing this classic on a real DOS PC. For now, I have a PDF of the level maps up on the next screen while I play and it seems to be working out okay!

Reply 803 of 5934, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nice! Good to see that some of us actually play games 😀

I keep getting pulled into new hardware projects. I just enjoy that a lot more. I found a good Let's Play Drakan, and that gave me some tips for another go at it.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 804 of 5934, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
PhilsComputerLab wrote:

Nice! Good to see that some of us actually play games 😀

I keep getting pulled into new hardware projects. I just enjoy that a lot more. I found a good Let's Play Drakan, and that gave me some tips for another go at it.

That's what's so great about this hobby. There are so many ways one can enjoy it. 😀 When I first started, the hardware side was my primary interest. But as I finished builds and played the games, I discovered that was my passion. And I'm kind of a completionist, so I've been tackling either old favorites or highly-rated games I missed out on when they were new. It typically takes 1-3 months to finish these games, but I don't mind. It's like binge-watching a favorite series on Netflix, but more interactive.

Reply 806 of 5934, by Tiger433

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition

W7 "retro" PC: ASUS P8H77-V, Intel i3 3240, 8 GB DDR3 1333, HD6850, 2 x 500 GB HDD
Retro 98SE PC: MSI MS-6511, AMD Athlon XP 2000+, 512 MB RAM, ATI Rage 128, 80GB HDD
My Youtube channel

Reply 807 of 5934, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
386SX wrote:

Playing Doom. On the ARM 16Mhz of the GBA and on the Am386DX-40 with a GD5429 ISA. 😁 I'd like to try the SNES version for the SuperFX2 chip!

You mean watching a DOOM slideshow 😈

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 809 of 5934, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

On the 3rd level of Eye of the Beholder. Boy, have I been spoiled by auto-mapping. 🤣

Reply 810 of 5934, by GoblinUpTheRoad

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
clueless1 wrote:

On the 3rd level of Eye of the Beholder. Boy, have I been spoiled by auto-mapping. 🤣

The Sega CD version does have auto-mapping, I played that version 😊

Reply 811 of 5934, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I remember playing EOB on Amiga with grid paper and having fits of kidnerdrage when I realized teleporter traps had absolutely fucked my maps on one of the levels. 🤣.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 812 of 5934, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just finished Flight of the Amazon Queen on my 386.
Quite a fun adventure game, however I feel the ending is a bit rushed and is probably the weakest point. Also one of the few commercial games of that era made in my home country 😀

Now I've returned to the modern era and started playing Prey - so far I'm enjoying it, feels a bit like System Shock 2 which is one of my favorite games. Although I really wonder why they used the name Prey - it really has nothing at all to do with the original game?

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 813 of 5934, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
appiah4 wrote:

I remember playing EOB on Amiga with grid paper and having fits of kidnerdrage when I realized teleporter traps had absolutely fucked my maps on one of the levels. 🤣.

Oh, that must've sucked terribly. I've already accounted a few teleporters! My earliest memories of using graph paper to map out games was on my Apple II with games like Zork (and other Infocom classics) and Wizardry I. I don't remember it being tedious at all! I had no clue that auto-mapping would ever be a thing, so I was just helping myself in ignorant bliss. It was actually quite satisfying to create a visual, especially of the text adventures. It was kind of like making your own graphics. 😉

Reply 814 of 5934, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Still doing Jane's World War II Fighters while working on the bidding documents.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 815 of 5934, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
clueless1 wrote:
MusicallyInspired wrote:

I take it you don't mean this version?

edit: now that I finished Eric the Unready, I'm going to try my hand at Eye of the Beholder. I love this type of game, but I want to see if it's too old school for me or not. I've got the clue book (included with my GOG purchase) but playing in real DOS on my 486. No music during gameplay is a bit troublesome, but maybe I'll get hooked by the combat. I modified my party to boost up their starting stats. 😉 Male Human Paladin, Male Dwarf Fighter, Female Half-Elf Cleric, and Female Elf Mage.

Heh. Nope, not that one.

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 816 of 5934, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Down to level 5 of Eye of the Beholder. Reminds me a bit of Lands of Lore (the dungeon portions). A bit simpler, and I'm really annoyed at the lack of even FM music, but it's fun enough that I'll keep going. Only a week to get to level 5, so I should hopefully finish the game (it's got 12 levels) in under 3 weeks. So far I've picked up one additional character (Taghor, a dwarf fighter I rescued on level 4). My created characters are Arnellis (human paladin), Baldur (dwarf fighter), Chrysalis (Half-elf Cleric), and Dahlia (elf mage).

Reply 817 of 5934, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nice progress there!

I made much less progress with Drakan, but it's more enjoyable.

Every enemy needs a different strategy. The spiders at the beginning need to be taken care of crouched. Also, the main sword you have as infinite life-span, so use it to open crates for example. But the other weapons you find are better, though have limited life-span. So you got to switch weapons all the time.

It has a map, with compass (shows you which way you are looking) and some notes on it. It's all making more sense now 🤣.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 818 of 5934, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Drakan does look fun! Kind of like a Tomb Raider in a High Fantasy setting. Having an in-game map is pretty important. 😀 Silly SSI not putting one in EOB. Hope you get to finish it up!

Reply 819 of 5934, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

My most recent purchase from GoG, could anyone guess?

zFoNMhj.png

Bzizvkg.png

RuCsi6Y.png

4mfWhQ8.png

xH10eqV.png

JNWJMZ9.png

TGA1Leg.png

Jai6Sqt.png

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.